Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Final project for College class...video?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 22, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm taking a class called "Consumer Behavior" right now, and in one week, we have a final paper and presentation due. It involves doing a consumer audit on a local retail store.

I hate standing up in front of a class and talking for 15-25 minutes, so I thought maybe I could make a video for the presentation and show it in class.

I was thinking, as well as talking about all the aspects of differing consumers, I could portray the store I chose from the view of myself, a consumer, and people I know that share common interests as me. Might even sneak in some off-road footage. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Think I should do the video (including interviewing people in the store and people I know that have been there), or just stick to the lecture format?

Theres always powerpoint, but I'd still have to speak in class that way. At least this way, I could just pop in the tape and sit down. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Video sounds like a good idea. But i would suggest, since it is supposed to be all/mostly oral (hehe) that you should still have 5-10 minutes of speaking. If you just do all video i think it would take away from the presentation as a whole rather than add to the dynamic of it. Good idea tho /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I would go with the video idea then at the end do a presentation of your reaction to what you found out. You could get extra points for the vid,LOL and with the feedback at the end you add a personal touch.

"It never hurts to try, unless your trying to get ran over"

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I've been thru a few classes where folks do things that way (on video), and it normally goes over well. All depends on how much effort you put into making the whole thing. Then when its over, you can answer questions too! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Maybe raffle off a ride in the rig! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

15-20 min video and then a little talk after /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I done a project on the use of the word F_CK for a class. Used powerpoint and audio (different peoples voices, different situations). Read the slides and hit play. Pissed off the churchy chick in the class and the preps because I got an A+ for my persuasive speech in college /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I think the prof liked the fact I done things others wouldn't.. like a informative (or how-too speech), I brought in my bartending stuff and taught people how to mix drinks (tea in place of whiskey, water for vodka) then I made everyone in the class smooties /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

(edited, it took out the work F_CK) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Consumer Behavior. Well if I was you, and it's probably a good thing you're not, this is what ole Bubba Ray would do. I'd go out and find my one hot piece of female flesh and make her the star of my video. And then I would record her "consumer behavior" at the Wildcat Adult Store. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif