Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

final question on flowmaster...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by s373n_rcr, Mar 19, 2004.

1. s373n_rcr

s373n_rcr Registered Member

Alright, I've tracked down a store up here in the north that stocks flowmasters (law enforcement and the bureaucratic powers that be frown upon them /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif up here in Canada.) They stock 40, 50 and 60 series and suggested a 40 series 3"in/3"out dual chamber for my single pipe on stock TBI.

However, alot of people(not here) have moaned and groaned about going to a 3"/3" from my 3"/2.5" because I'll lose backpressure and thus lose torque.

Opinions? Advice? 40series?

Just looking for some final guidance before I go and drop cash and time on this.

Cheers. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

How loud do you want it to be? 40 series(2 chambers) are the loudest...

3. s373n_rcr

I don't want huge, huge sound as I do some highway driving and don't want to be deaf when getting to point B. However, having an SM465 I would like a nice low V8 rumble with some of that oh-so-sweet throttle-off burbling between the gears or when lifting off the pedal. I don't want you to hear me two blocks down but I do want you to hear me coming....

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Dont worry about it man your a ok.All i have on my subrban is (dont tell the cops) is removed cat, and a 2.5/2.5 glasspack and thats where it stops. It doesnt go out the back even just stops right under the back seat. Plenty quite as i can drive down the freeway and still not have to rais my voice to talk to the person next to me. And i noticed nothing but improved power by doing this So id say with you 3" flomaster you ought to be plenty plenty quite(while still being agressive) and notcie only improved power
    So thats my .02 /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gifcents

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I seem to learn something new on here everyday! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. s373n_rcr

Thank you Tim. As I tend not to trust the advice of members with 9000+ posts (kidding) I decided to check out the link. Very interesting indeed. Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. s373n_rcr

Got the 40series delta flow 3in/3out. Having new 3" pipe bent and installed monday afternoon. Should sound sweet.