Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally, a decent deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, May 16, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I've had nothing but bad deals and have lost money on everything the past year. Today I picked this up.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe not the deal of the century, but I'm happy for $400. Of course, I didn't have $400 to buy it with, but I used money collected from the mud races that is supposed to pay the equipment rental bill. I figure I can part out the truck and pay it back in time. And keep the axles for free basicly.

It's a '77 3/4 ton 4x4. Has a 350 with a flat lobe on the cam and a cracked head, but it starts and runs. Good TH350 and 203, 14 bolt rear with a factory posi and a rebuilt Dana 44 front with 4.10 gears. And it's not even that rusted out. Has all the Cheyenne interior, a perfect windshield, and even a straight tailgate.

At least my trailer held up. Its the 3rd rig I've hauled on it since re-building the bed last Friday.

Ok, thats enough of this pointlessness.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

cool deal, congrats on the find /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mountainexplorer

Man, now I feel bad. You just paid $400 for the axles from my friend Nathan. But, then again I sold them to Nathan for $400 a few years back. So, I guess I should still feel bad.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

do i smell a refund /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif j/k

5. mountainexplorer

When I become a millionaire... I'll give refunds to alot of people. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But unfortunately, my wallet is empty right now as well as my gas tanks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Now heres the trick question:
    So, if I DO become a millionaire, how much of a refund do I give nathan, and how much do I give you? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

See Mountain Explorer, good deal's do come around it just take's patience. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I can swap to get those gear's back, from You, or maybe buy the 14 bolt from You???? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif