Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally a great idea for a dead motor!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Aug 5, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

HMM

blown motor, set of croome vavle covers and a complete set of dead alternator sarter and pullys..

Make a study mount go through where the cam shaft should be drill out the pullly and timming cover and put a glass top on it.. walla..coffe table or end table /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Would look killer, add a left over chrome air cleaner and paint her real good with chevy orange

ok..results are in..I am wierd for shure now /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I think that would be awesome /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've got a 350 bored .080 over that I've planned to do this too. Whenever we finally expand my room and I have enough room for a couch I will use it for an end table /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got a 350 bored .080 over that I've planned to do this too. Whenever we finally expand my room and I have enough room for a couch I will use it for an end table /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You are obsessed! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I want to do that when I blow an engine (if I ever do) or if I find a junk one that can be cleaned up a bit. That would be so unique!

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Vic Edelbrock Jr. has one like that in his office, holding up a coffie table. Its all pimped out with his goodies, who knows it might even be a runner /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i thought about that when i pulled my sbc........took about 5 secs for my mom to destroy that thought lol..........."o mom come on, chevy orange would go w/ that grandfather clock just fine....."

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Vic Edelbrock Jr. has one like that in his office, holding up a coffie table. Its all pimped out with his goodies, who knows it might even be a runner /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Recon Motors has a few blocks as end tables at random places in their halls.

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

A shop I used to haul stuff to here in Cols. has a couple of those.

One is a good Lambo V12

The other is a quad turbo Lambo V12 (this one was a blown engine and blown turbos)

Some really sweet stuff!

10. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[ QUOTE ]
    I want to do that when I blow an engine

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the spirit!!!!

Now go rev that big block up to 4500 and drop the clutch..yea haw /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

oh...repeat daily untill desired end table is a possability /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

The guy we bought our boat from had it sitting in a garage with about 15 sports cars from lambos to porsches you name it, he had one. He even had a diablo that was owned by Rod Stewart! It was awesome i got lots of pics. He could have easily put himself a calender together. He was a CD distribution guy, had a studio and all that kinda junk. Rich as you could ever want to be. So we go into his office and there under the 1" THCK GLASS, which had to be special ordered from overseas, is a bling bling Diablo Motor V12 i THINK all chromed out and looking pretty. Coolest thing i had ever seen. He said he picked it up at a junkyard and had it cleaned up real good. I was only 14 at the time but i still knew how sweet that was!!

12. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    HMM

blown motor, set of croome vavle covers and a complete set of dead alternator sarter and pullys..

Make a study mount go through where the cam shaft should be drill out the pullly and timming cover and put a glass top on it.. walla..coffe table or end table /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Would look killer, add a left over chrome air cleaner and paint her real good with chevy orange

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be one heavy a$$ end table to move when the wife wanted to re arrange the living room. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Now set one up with see through covers and things like that so you can put an electric motor hooked to the crank and watch everything move in there like it's running. Keep the plugs out and maybe cyl. head on one side only. Maybe with only a single compression ring it would turn over even easier.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    HMM

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be one heavy a$$ end table to move when the wife wanted to re arrange the living room. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good way to discourage her huh? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

A guy in town used to have a Blown 427 Hemi in his front yard, all painted up, said Hemi real big on the vavle covers, He had a fan rigged up on a bearing or something so when the wind blew the fan turned /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I knew a guy in NH that put a blown up big block chevy in front of his house on a big pipe for a mailbox!.He cut a hole in the oilpan and hinged it for the mail compartment--his mailman loved it--and so did someone else,,they stole it!.They probably didnt see the big hole the rod made in the block in the dead of night--and both heads were cracked,so he said "I hope they get a hernia,or drop it on their toes"--He was pissed! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif