Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally able to make big step in trucks build up!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I sold my F-250 last night. Gets delivered to it's new owners on Tuesday. :D

Sooooooo, Friday, the 60 and 14b are getting yanked and takin to WFO Concepts for new 5.13's and a Detriot for the 60. Gonna pick up some Bilstien 14" travel shocks. 4x4High is gonna hook me up with some machine work to finish my big block in trade for a 14b cover. Gotta build a shackle flip of some kind for the rear. Also gonna order 200' or so of tube for the cage this week too. Got a fried that has alot of experince bending tube and building cages, he's gonna help me build the cage. I'll be at Blazerfest with my truck this time. :D

Finished specs-(atleast what it'll be at blazer fest)

Grooved 42" TSL's

Full 35 spline/Warn flanged D60 w/5.13gears and Detriot. Stubs ground for full circle clips. ORD crossover (thanks Ryan!) with way over done Jethro-Built draglink and tie rod.

52" springs up front. Rear shackle mount moved forward. 3/8" thick, 7.25" long shackles.

14 bolt welded with 5.13's, disc brakes. Jethro-Built diff cover.

.060 over 402 big block (413ci I think) 427 heads rebuilt by Scott. Comp Cams 4x4 cam, Comp Cams lifters, timing chain, valve springs. Harland Sharpe full roller rockers. Reground 396 crank. New Kieth Black pistons. Edelbrock Performer intake. Holley Truck Avenger 770 carb.

465/203...Doubler some day of course.

Thats all I can remember for now. Tank Trap here I come!!!

[​IMG]

And my new dd for awhile-
    [​IMG]
    '83 K20 6.2/465/208/14bsf/10b. Flat bed. 248k original miles. Nothing touched. Prolly like 13hp. :blink: lol! Gramps bought it new in '83. :)

2. Zeus33rd

Well you guys suck:p:

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Feel better now?:D

So the maiden voyage needs to be a trip to Frank Raines... Since thats where it first met it's demise which caused the downtime :grin:

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Sounds sweet. I just blew my mootor last week & bought a 79 K10 yesteday. Not sure what I'm gonna build. I've got mey drivetrain, I just need to put it in something.

BTW, how the job search coming? Hopefully you've been able to find something.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You're going to want hydro assist btw. :grin:

6. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

should be badass!:D keep the pics coming! :waytogo:

7. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I like those rock sliders. Going to tie them into the cage also?

8. Zeus33rd

Smart ass..:p:

First actual maiden voyage will be to the local spot. Gotta work out the inevitable bugs before I take it too far. It actually met it's demise close to Walnut Grove on I-5 on the way home from Frank Raines. That was a hell of a weekend....The big block blew up, $500 tow bill, lost my GF, went to UC Davis for surgery the next day...:crazy:

9. Zeus33rd

No $hit. Ass

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

why not go straight to full hydro, since it doesn't look like it will be driven daily on the street:grin:

11. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Looks good. One question though. Why make the sliders so wide? Fullsizes are already really wide, why make it wider? I like the groove job on the 42's.

84gmcjimmy,

full hydro is cool but have you ever tried to get a truck off the trail with full hydro if the motor won't run or you blow a hydro line. You don't. At least if you blow a hydro assist line or have a dead motor you still have manual steering or can plug the hydro assist lines and wheel out with normal power steering.

Here in AZ if you get a dead motor on some of the trials we wheel it is 15 miles of flat towing a dead truck before you can get to a tow rig. It isn't fun but it can be done.

Harley

12. Zeus33rd

The sliders were on the truck when it was still full bodied. Built them to protect the sheetmetal. Nothin I can do now. Not to worried about it.

Full hydro one day I suppose...One step at a time though. I havent driven it in like 2 years. My goal right now is to get it wheelable....One step at a time. :)

13. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That 15 miles of flat towing is easy compared to the 1/4 mile of winching that comes before it.

KJ, looks good but I am wondering too... Why so wide?

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ah, I shouldn't have piped up. I don't know much about full hydro, and I never knew the engine had to run for it to work...Sorry Harley.
    :o

Steve.

15. Zeus33rd

lol, read the post above yours. I made the sliders aloooong time ago when it was still full bodied and I cared about the sheetmetal. Built them wide as to keep the sheetmetal somewhat protected. Now there's no sheetmetal to worry about. And it would be a huge pain in the ass to rebuild them now. I'm not all that worried about it. It'll still fit more places than a full bodied truck. :)

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

That thing looks sick man, i shure wich i had a place to work on my truck, i still need to weld my sliders in,

want to maike some money one of these weekends?
    :D :o

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hey man, relax. I know you're bigger than me, but all 135 lbs of me was cringing at the thought of turning a locked, 42" tired axle with no hydro assist. :crazy: