Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally an audio forum for k5s!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Ryan88Jimmy, Feb 17, 2000.

1. Ryan88Jimmy

Ryan88Jimmy Registered Member

Hey guys just wondering what kind of setup you all had in your trucks. I have a pioneer dehp-7000 right now that is just sitting in my room because somebody felt the need to steal my 6x9s and my sub amp:( So all I have in it now is some crappy tape player powering some crappy 6 1/4's. When I had my 6x9s in they were just sitting in a couple of cheap-o boxes, just wondering where other people have mounted them... later

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Hide \'em

I put all my gear in the console box, and the speakers are behind the front seats on the floor board, with the rear seat folded up, there's two bass cannons there and a set of tweeters on either side of the steering column 1" diameter, and they are just faded in enough to balance the cannons out...White Knight

3. alpine removable cd player in stock location. all infinity speakers. tweeters mounted on the doors, on just above the stainless strip, maybe two inches back from the dash. 6" mids in stock loc. in bottoms of doors. 6x9's in the walls next to the rear seats. two alpine amps under the driver's seat, on a removable board for service issues. future upgrades: box built into the rear cargo area; i want to extend the inside vertical wall of the wheel well back to the tailgate. so the wheel well looks like one long carpeted bench. passenger side will be sealed box for one 10" woofer, driver side will be tool storage. a crossover and another amp for the sub, and i'm ready to blast.
    good luck with your replacement project.
    p.s. get a flashing LED light from radio shack, and throw it on your dash. cheaper than an alarm, works almost as good as a deterent.

delta9blazer

4. KGBLAZER83

KGBLAZER83 Registered Member

i have everything in the counsel between the seats. the speakers in the front are in the doors. i have 6 inch jensens 2 ways and they are recessed with the factory grills over so you cant see them. i have the 6 x 9 optimums from radio shack...i know but they kick but.....they are set in the back panels right inside the back again recessed so as not to be seen and then covered with a thin piece of material to match the crapet color. i have a fosgate 4 chanel under the pass. seat. sound good.

5. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Re: Better than alarms

Hey try our approach down here in Texas, no alarms just throw a pet rattler on the front board and lock the doors, or a pet pit bull with aids in the back..WK

6. My project is still in the making but i have decided on everythin that i'm going to do and have almmost half of the equipment.
    i'm going with 5 1/4 componet system in the front doors with tweets on the dash, behind the drivers seat i plan on taking out the factory card board and along the side put some sound deadining sheets on the bare metal behind it and building a case that would look like the original but be closed off and use 5 1/4 or 6 1/2's there and lastly to 10" woofers in the rear each in tis own case so i can move it around to fit equipment as needed.
    here is a list of parts that i have currently
    JVC single cd player, good enough for me.
    pioneer 5 1/4 componets from best buy
    2 MTX 10's from Cuircuit City, i know i could have spent less money but i like the warrenty they came with.
    150 ft of 12 gauge moster cable paid .40 a foot from MECI
    I plan on getting all of my sound deadening sheets from Parts Express. and that about all for now, any questions about where to get some cheaply priced but good equipment let me know.
    sign: AntAZBlaz name: anthony e-mail: antyk@asu.edu

7. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

I got a pioneer deh 8000 head unit, focal components in the front mounted in custom fiberglass kick pods. focal mid bass speakers mounted in custom fiberglass pods on the wheel wells. both front and rears running off a phoenix gold zx475ti amp. 3 Earthquake 12 inch magmas in a custom, inch thick plexi-glass triangular box, powered by an earthquake 200dhc digital amplifier, putting out 1600 watts.

8. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

This is the breakdown of my system in my 1990 K5:

Head Unit:Pioneer DEH P4000
    Crossover: MTX 2 way
    Line driver: MTX LSB1
    Equalizer: DEI 4500 in dash EQ
    Sub amp: Kicker ZR240 with RGX remote gain/crossover
    Mid/Highs amp:Kicker ZR120
    Capacitor: Stinger 1 farad monitor top
    Speakers: Kicker Resolution 6 1/2" matched components front(kickpanels)and rear,
    4" Kicker Resolution center channel
    8" MTX midbass in doors
    Subwoofers: 2 Kicker XPL 12" 4ohm
    Wiring: Stinger interconnects, Phoenix Gold power and speaker wire
    Security: Code Alarm with shock and motion sensors, remote start

I'm in the process of adding Another Kicker ZR240 amp and a Lanzar 12" sub in a ported box for those really low, lows!!
    If anyone would like to see pics they can be seen at:

www.sounddomain.com/5518

9. 80Jimmy

80Jimmy Registered Member

I have a 1980 GMC Jimmy. My audio setup consists of this:
    Pioneer DEH-P300 CD Player
    Pioneer Cd Changer
    2 Pioneer 6x9's behind the seats in the side panel
    2 Blaukpunkt 5 1/4's in the doors
    2 Blaukpunkt 1" tweeters in the dash
    2 Blaukpunkt Crossovers mounted next to the vent on the floorboard
    2 Cerwin Vega 12's (800 Watts each) in a custom speaker box in the rear
    Rockford Fosgate Punch 800 A2 amplifier mounted on the speaker box

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

oh boy!

11. 1984k5blazer

1984k5blazer Registered Member

I just bought the new kenwood headunit with hd radio ready and bluetooth ready as well(not with digital display)
    4 6x9 kicker 3 way speakers two in the doors and two in boxes for the rear and i have a ma audio sub 10" waiting for a new box and a rockford fosgate 800a2 amp to push it with!

12. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Holy Old Thread Batman!

13. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

why???