Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally Back........But....UPDATE!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Oct 8, 2000.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, guys, I finally got my 84 back from the paint shop this week. The silver I chose for the insert looks awesome, and the shop glossed the top so it matches the body paint. There were a few problems lining up the new aftermarket panels with the old stuff, but overall I'm pretty happy. The Blazer now has a new hood, fenders, inner fenders and skirts, rocker panels, quarter corners, and bed lip. They also touched up the bottom of the tailgate and both doors.

Unfortunately, somewhere along the line, a wire or a socket got snagged(probably while they were swapping panels) and at the moment I have no dash lights or running lights. I phoned the shop and bitched and they were pretty cool about it, so she goes back next week so they can fix the electrical now.

I'll try to post some pics in the next few days.......It's good to be back.

2. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Re: Finally Back........But....

It's good to see someone is getting it done, I have to change most of those parts too, plus the doors. As soon as the MINIVAN ( at least it's a GMC ) is paid off next year, the fun will begin. Good luck with the lights!

Denis -MIDCAN k5 " DIG A HOLE!!!"

3. Can Can

The only crappy part about my timing is that, as you know, winter's just around the corner, so I won't be able to enjoy that "fresh" look for long........on the other hand, I won't have to worry about those rusty spots being exposed to salt anymore. The reason I chose to finally paint her was that it was to the point where one more bad winter would have pushed the body past the point of no return. You guys in the Southern States are sooooooooo lucky to have salt free winters!!!!

4. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Did you get the Chevrolet sticker installed yet? I'm looking forward to seeing the pics when you get them posted.

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com

5. Can Can

Yeah, Jeff- the sticker is on and looks great. And I really like that the reflective component is kinda' "sneaky", and not as obvious as the typical reflective stuff out there.

In fact, I thought that you mixed up the order and didn't send the reflective black by accident, because I couldn't tell if it was when I installed it during the day. I was pretty convinced, however, when a buddy of mine came by that night to look at the truck and told me that he could see the sticker clear as day BEFORE he could even see the truck!!!!

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

7. Can Can

I got rid of the aluminum tailgate banner because it was dented and crappy looking. In it's place I got Jeff427(Lyons Designs) to fab up a sticker with the same style font as the Chevrolet logo on the banner. It's about one and a half times the size of the original logo, and my choices were flat or reflective black, so of course I chose the reflective. I actually prefer the look of the tailgate with no banner and the sticker over the stock look. My roll of film should be done by next week so I'll post some pics once I get them developed.

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I defintely wanna see that and might be interested also. I wanna get rid of the silver on the tailgate.

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

9. Can Can

I just got off the phone with my wife..........She took the truck back to the bodyshop today so they could look at the wiring problem, and they found a pinched wire in the rear. So now my running/dash lights work again. I'm just so relieved that it was an easy fix- electrical stuff is normally a nightmare!!!! Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know.........

10. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

CanmoreK5, I'm glad to hear you liked the sticker. I know what you mean about the material, I thought the company that I ordered the material from messed up when I first got it. It really is deceptively black, but it shows up in the dark like it is nuclear powered when head lights hit it. You shouldn't have any problem getting rearended at night, even if your taillights go out.

Anybody that is interested in getting a reflective black CHEVROLET sticker, can email me at Jeff327@about.com and I can set you up. Thanks.

Jeff427

11. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Canmore, I'm glad to hear that your electrical problem weren't to serious. I also wanted to mention that if you used a flash for any of the pics you took of your Blazer, the CHEVROLET sticker will not look black. So if you wanted to show the contrast, take a pic in the day with no flash (it should show up black), and then one at night with the flash (it should show up glowing white).

Jeff427