Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally bit the bullet and put mud flaps on my rig..

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

After being pulled over and let go with just a warning about 5 times.. i finally got a ticket the other day for no flaps. 175 bucks...

I bought the big ass "Napa" flaps, trimmed them up a bit put them on the brackets. And they look friggin hidious..

oh well i hope the judge cuts me some slack and gives me a discount on the ticket.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

We wanna see pics of this hidious monster /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Bummer about the ticket tho, that bites /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Silver84k5

i will unveil it at beach blast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

those are usually fix it tickets. all you have to do is take a picture of your truck in to the judge showing the mud flaps and the judge usually drops it. I got a ticket for no fender flares one time so I had a set of my old Bronco flares laying in the garage. I duck taped them to the side of my truck took my floor mats and hung them off the back with coat hangers and took some pictures. took them to the judge and she dropped the tickets. did you make your flaps removable? you can get all of the stuff to do it that way at Beal. plus they have mudflaps with no advertisement for N.A.P.A on them.

6. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had to court right after we got back from wheelin when I went with you. I got some 24" ones from six states for $11 for the pair. And yes, they are already off. But not after sporting them for a couple of weeks.

Thats a rather expensive ticket. I have had mudflaps tickets in portland and beaverton. Portland was $90 and beaverton was $110. And the judge said he didn't care if I took them off in the parkinglot as long as I could put them back on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Oh how many times the cops have given me the evil eye and me thinking they are wanting to whip the car around and do a good once over inspection. I always used the truck hangers with the cheapest truck mud flaps cut way down. I don't have them yet and am trying my luck but I keep seeing these sky high 4 runners that are so illegal (no bumpers, no flaps, no flares, no mirrors, and no exhaust) and wonder how they get away with it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Come on pics of your hideous mud flaps /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    (for those of us not making it to the beach blast)

8. Silver84k5

heh the napa advertisement is starting to grow on me, Since they are a real parts store... (i.e. they still use the books sometimes) no offense zack your baxters store is decent, but the hillsboro one can lick my sack...

anyway, yea i made them removeable with that same bracket you got cassidy, i just need to buy different pins they came with cotter pins, the kinda you bend to make stay in place... anyway they arent that bad, its just the first time ive ever had mudflaps on one of my rigs...

9. Silver84k5

have no digi ;( ill see what i can do though... ;P

10. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I just got a fix it tickit for having no mud flaps 2 weekends ago. Mine was only $109. I did the same thing. I got some napa flaps and some bracket's and hangers and mine look allright but thats just me. I can take them off and put them back on if I have too. I will try to get a pic's up if anyone cares.

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I think just to be funny I will put little 2x4 inch rubber mud flaps on mine

12. Silver84k5

either that or go completely overboard and have one big one that goes the length of the bumper and drags on the ground.

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Finally grew a mullet and put mud flaps on my rig

[/ QUOTE ]
    wow goin for the full 100% redneck??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Silver84k5