Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FINALLY BOUGHT A BEATER!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Philly87, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

I finally decided to retire my 87 from trail abuse and start to restore it to it's original glory. I picked up an 84 K5 last night. It's super rough but it's perfect to wheel. It currently has a four inch suspension and three inch body lift on 10 bolts and bald 35's. It has a running 350 that I need to put in. It's got a standard tranny that needs some work. The truck belongs to a friend of mine and it has a lifetime warranty on the clutch and power sterring pump which will be warrantied before the truck goes back together. For the $300 I paid for it I couldn't pass it up. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It's time to get out the sawzall!!!

Phil

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the find! Make sure you get some pics up once you finish hacking and whacking! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

-Dan

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

sweet phil---you truck is way to clean to begin w/.. when you get the new one running hit us up and we'll "break it in /forums/images/icons/smile.gif )

4. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

Yes sir, I wanna play on the rocks with you guys. Now I need to find a Dana 60 for the front. I wanna go play in Las Cruces and not care about dents and scratches.

OOPS IT ROLLED!!!! Ya, lets turn it over and keep goin! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Phil

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

awesome..yea id like to see some pics to!! sounds like a deal!

Bryan