Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally, built new bumpers.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtn. burb, Feb 3, 2007.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I found a piece of 10" I-Beam in our equipment yard. Actually, I was walking by it for 5 years. We cut it, crowned it(bent it, no cutting) for a stock bend in the center so it wraps around, welded trim along the angles for finish, and added .120 wall 1 3/4 tubing. Still going to add a bar on top. Materials cost front bumper was 15 bucks for grade 8 bolts only. Oh, and 500.00 for MM12K.

Rear bumper I had to buy the steel, 70.00 bucks from remnant pile at Steel yard. 8" channel, cut to match front bumper. The lic. plate light cover came out good, flush w/ top of bumper. The bumper butts up exactly plum with my tow hitch mount.

Yeah, the winch hangs out there, but this 6300 lb. rig is no rock buggy. I've already gone up some steep stuff with out rubbing. I decided to keep the hitch mount too, instead of tossing it for departure angle. It is solid protection, and this ain't a rock buggy.

P1010334.JPG

P1010337.JPG

P1010336.JPG

P1010335.JPG

2. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Looks good man. Can't beat free metal. I like the lights recessed into the rear doors. Nice...

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

looks beefy! Nice

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sweet bumpers man!