Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FINALLY! Bumpers installed! ***PICS***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Apr 14, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/35650184HieSfY>BUMPERS BY BIGJ!!!</a>

They have been in the truck since Disney... I just got to installing them yesterday, after doing the body mounts and lift. Now I just need to get the 465/205 installed, and I'll be in business again! Still need to install the toybox sliders too... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Thanks again Jeff for a sweet set of bumpers!

2. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

DAMN!! Those are nice. Black Strong and Simple! How much were they? Also do they have winch mounts on them?

3. KRAZIE87K5

Yea, they are even sweet(er) in person! I bought them without ever seeing them in person - only to finally see them and be even more impressed!

I'm not sure how much Jeff is looking for once he starts producing them... but I'm sure that you could drop him a PM for a quick answer! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

And, YES, there is a place to mount a winch on the front bumper... and could be one in the rear if the tire carrier was removed.

Thanks for the kudos, but they should really go to Jeff! I just paid for them! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. KRAZIE87K5

What? Only one guy liked my bumpers? Is it just me or has the site been a little "slow" (not the site itself, but the people) the last few days? I haven't seen as many people posting as usual... Comon folks! Lemme hear what you have to say about my bumpers! I'm just trying to give you a easy way to add a few more postings to your name!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Just humor me...

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Okay Okay, they look great. There, now that I humored you please let us know how much they are and where to order.

6. KRAZIE87K5

You can order by sending a PM to "BIGJ", his name is Jeff Holstedt (sorry if I mangled the spelling Jeff!). I actually bought these bumpers from him after they were already installed on his truck... so I kinda got a break in price /forums/images/icons/wink.gif... you would have to ask him what he wants for a brand new set.

I love thse bumpers!!! BTW - thanks for humoring me bajaviking! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Anyone else? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Dan

7. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I dont see any attachment points for Shackles or D-rings? No receiver for a hitch? What up with that?

8. KRAZIE87K5

Since these bumpers were his first, the shackle pieces (3/4" plate) were still being made up at the machine shop near him. They should be in the mail very soon! (hint, hint!) And I opted to NOT have the receiver installed in the rear! The truck was never meant to tow. And why bother if its going to have shackles in the rear too?

So don't you worry! I'm sure if you asked, Jeff would be able to arrange for most anything to be included on the next set...
    /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

-Dan

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

how about a few good pics on the arse guard and its mounting? I need some rear protection/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Cool bumpers, Dan!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Might think about checking those out for my M1008. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I really like the pics of your kids beside the truck! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Cute kids, too!

11. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

SWEEEEETT!!!

I need a rear bumper...

Gimme Gimme'!

12. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

is it possible to get those in chrome?

13. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

It is probable an optical illusion but I do not see a drive side front leaf spring pack on your axle. Is it me or what’s up with that?

14. KRAZIE87K5

Must be you.... Last time I looked I still had leafs under all four corners! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Thanks for your concern though! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

-Dan

15. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Man those are SWEET! I didn't know he was making them for other members. I just PMed him. Thanks for posting the pics, now I gotta wipe the drool off the keyboard /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

These are the prices BIGJ sent to me

"Right now, the fronts start out at $325, back bumpers start out at $425. Shackles and other accessories are extra. I'm still working on a full price list. I'm located in Little Rock Arkansas. "

Shane -

17. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Nice stuff. Very nice. Does your front have a winch mounting capability? Doesn't look like it, but not 100% sure. If not, did he quote you what the addition of that would be?

18. KRAZIE87K5

YES - the front has provisions for installing a winch. I believe its 1/4" plate... and with plenty of room, no additional charge! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif