Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finally doing it

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SickboySS, Jan 24, 2003.

1. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

ok, i've finally decided to lift the blazer, but i need some advice as what to get....i've got an 88 and i plan on doing mostly trails and mud....i'm going with a 14ff, D44, 4.10's, 35's...what should i get for a lift and what for shocks? i'm taking off the top and puttin on a soft top also for weight reduction in back...i don't want blocks either....so what should i get? lift, shocks, correcion accessories to compensate for the lift, and whatever else

i'm sure i could do this on my own, but i want to know the best advice and opinions

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i went with an all spring rough country and couldnt be happier. look at my pics, it has that lift and 35's on it. and it came with shocks. the whole setup has awesome road manners also

3. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

we'll i've talked the money man (my father) into it cause we just sold our boat and a few other things so here comes the trail truck...it won't actually start til the spring cause its so damn cold in new england right now to go parts hunting but i know of junkyards to find complete trucks that haven't moved in years and years that are complete, i'll prob. find a D60 in this yard still on a truck, i'm so excited about this though, thanx to everyone who has a kick ass truck to making me want one, haha /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i went with a skyjacker lift from www.jackit.com . they put together all the stuff you need for your lift in one package, which was kinda helpful 5 years ago when i didn't know much.. but the kit was great and i had the whole thing in and back on the road after the weekend( a very cold november weekend /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif). its a 6" all spring lift and i ran 35" BFG with it and was VERY happy. i've still got the same springs and will be running 38's soon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif with triming of course..

if i had the chance to do it again i think i would set the truck up with custom springs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. get the tires and than figure out how much lift you need. better ride too.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

id say rouch country..good lift..and cheap!!! thats what i plan on after i get another truck

6. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

do what i did, order a BDS kit from elias 4wd center in Townsend, MA its only about an hour from you, and get the axle from the brooks bro's, i think they've got D-60's for 1000 and i got my 14bolt from them for 500......and thats about 10 mins from you, and even if you don't get your axles from them they've got a sick 12" lifted burb(91 i think) 14bolt, dana 60 and a 502bbc and it sits on 44's, if you need help doing the lift and junk, i only live like 8 mins down the road....... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    get the axle from the brooks bro's

[/ QUOTE ] hahahaha, the chop shop, thats what that place really is - tons of hi-po motors on shelfs that he wont sell to anyone, hmmm, they do have a lifted pickup to, i think its ona set of 40's...but what we're planning on doing is going out to this place in Munson called P&amp;F junkyard, its huge! we're friends with the owner and we'll be able to find a complete truck to rip everything out of with a matched set for sure and very cheap too

8. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

if its the blue truck that you were talking about it had 38's....my friend bought it for 1200 bucks.....i didn't tell him but i think the truck is a pile..... i almost bought the orange 3/4 ton with the 91 grill, and a 454....couldn't get a loan...but that was a good thing. where is that other place that your talking about......? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Harry is right about the TC's. I have them and like a lot