Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally driving the Blaze...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by k2-k5, Sep 30, 2004.

1. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

Two months it took to get the steering arms and tie rods made. Of course now the tranny is slipping /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    [​IMG]

2. grundy99

grundy99 1/2 ton status

That is a nice looking blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That is one good looking rig man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Wanna take it up to TSF on saturday with the Jeff, Brian, and I. Hopefully Ryan will get to ride shotgun w/ me. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

I have to get the tranny fixed first. It don't seem to want to go into shift into drive. Driving all the way to TSF in 2nd don't sound like a good idea. I'm going to try a different vacuum modulator first then the tranny gets rebuilt.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hmmm modulator... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifCheck the line that go to it also, I think the can be adjusted as well with a slim screwdriver... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

i have heard that. But which way do I turn the little screw?

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

all adjusting the modulator will do is make it shift firmer and to do that you turn it clockwise

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah but if it's adjusted too far in one direction it wont shift at all... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm going to try a different vacuum modulator first then the tranny gets rebuilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You're running a TH350 right? The vaccum modulator won't do jack for that. You can try it, but chances are it won't affect it one way or the other (AFA engaging gears). On the drivers side of the tranny, behind the shift linkage, about the middle of the tranny pan, there should be pressed in round cover with heavy wire strap holding it in place (kinda like the caps are held onto the brake master cylinders). Inside there is your shift governor. Pull that cover and slide out the governor. If the teeth are all chewed up on the plastic gear and it's covered in metal shavings, your tranny is toast. If they're not chewed up and the fluid looks good and doesn't smell burnt, change out your fluid and filter and see what happens.

10. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Very nice /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif God man your killin me with the orange first gen pic. Good luck with the tranny issue I hope its nothing serious.