Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally finished Bed floor.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustyParts, Nov 9, 2005.

1. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

Finally after two weeks I've got all the rust removed and rotted pieces replaced in my old Jimmy's bed. I've rust proofed, undercoated and painted it. I had to fabricate some pieces that couldn't be bought and do yourself a favor don't by any bed floor patch panels.

I bought a 16" by 48" piece to patch some rusty holes but the metal was only half as thick as the old and the floor pattern didn't match. I had to scrounge the junk yards for an old bed with some good floor left in it.

Well I guess it's on to the cab next, all the rocker boxes, cab supports, kick panels, inner and outer rocker panels and floor boards need replaced.

DON"T YOU JUST LOVE RUST!!!

DCP_3000.jpg

DCP_2899.jpg

DCP_3265.jpg

DCP_3262.jpg

2. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I just did all this on my new gen.... what a blast!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
    But you know I'm red neck... I used some chicken fence posts under the bed to stiffen it. :rolleyes: I did use angle iron next to the bed mounts to make sure that bit was strong.
    BTW peeps, LMC's bed floors work pretty well. They lined up pretty damn well but kinda look like cheet with the seams, but it works perfectly. I can't believe I can close my tail gate again without standing on top of it and pulling up on my top ... so happy :D

GMC Graemlin

3. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

Hell I'm an ole redneck too, and I know how you feel. Don't cha just love it when every thing comes goes your way.

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I WISH......

I had no holes in my floors and my doors closed the way they use too. :haha: