Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally fixed my doors!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Feb 19, 2002.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Started late on Friday night, I decided to try to line up my doors. Pretty soon, I realized I needed to take off my bumper to do this...thats OK though, it was a little crooked anyway. Got the drivers door lines up PERFECTLY without changing the pins and bushings, but the passenger side needed more help. Had to replace the pins and bushings, and spent like 3 hours today on it. Finally got it close, but I think that door is bent...has more of a curve to it. Now it closes really well, but I really should have put some washers behind where the hinge bolts to the body to bring it out a little more. Also painted the doorframes where the doors had rubbed all the paint off, and lubed up my passenger side window tracks. Definately time well spent. I'll have to get some pics of the drivers door, it looks real good. To anyone doing this, its not hard at all, just takes some time...I put it off for a long time because I thought it was gonna be impossible, but taking my time, I got it right...didn't lose any bolts either...also replaced the front body mount bolts...the old ones were really messed up.

90K5

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Read my post about a week and a half ago titled "What a bee-otch" What a PIA job. But my driver door is working perfectly since I fixed it [​IMG]

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>I'm Discombobulated </a>