Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally getting it together

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jagged, May 6, 2005.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Tomorrow is the big day, been finishing up my top-end rebuild on my 350. Small project started off as changing valve stem seals turned into new heads and a cam :P Took me about a month to do in my spare time; there was a lot of dirt, gunk, and nasty stuff both on and in the engine. Tomorrow the accessories and hoses get hooked up, and I finally get to drive my own vehicle :D.

Taking a trip out to lake El Dorado for some toying around this weekend too, the place isn't too impressive (Kansas Rock Regional Park is a bit too much of a drive away for a daytrip). Don't really need to worry about parts break-in; heads already had a couple thousand miles on them, and the cam/lifters had a few as well.

Only problem now becomes the silly 700R4, the cam I threw in was a comp cam 270H. Not exactly my cam of choice, but hey... whatcha gonna do for free parts? ;) Maybe the 700R4 will blow up and give me motivation for a turbo-350 to swap in