Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally getting smart... CYA

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I recently decided I would do a little CYA on a bunch of things. I think I'm about done, and feel a lot better now.

Things I've done:

1) Renters Insurance - $10k personal property, $1k medical per person, $100k liability. Covers everything in my dorm, my truck while it's parked in the lot, everything I store in the truck, and all the parts I have in a storage unit. Also covers liability from my stuff causing damage to other people/things.

2) Inventory - Inventoried all my stuff with significant monetary value; ham radio equipment, stereo, computer, truck parts, collectibles, etc.

3) Fire Safe - To store all my important documents and anything else I need to put in it. Currently has things like copies of enlistment contract, medical records, orders, security clearance paperwork, titles, insurance paperwork, tax records, data backups, and my valuable collectibles (limited edition Benchmade knives mostly).

4) Revisited Will and Living Will - A lot has changed since I originally had them drawn up, added more clauses (like if I and my primary benifactors were to perish at the same time) and directives (what money is to be used for).

5) Life Insurance - Changed benefactors to match will.

I think that pretty much covers it. Anybody got anything else they think would be a good idea to take a look at? If you haven't done anything similar, I highly recommend it for a little bit of "In case ****."

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like you are getting ready for something. Do you know something that we don't?:D

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Joined a Militia, did we? :wink1:

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Technically any able-bodied male in the U.S. is part of the Militia. :)