Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got around to burning PROM's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dyeager535, Jul 18, 2005.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Started with the real simple stuff, upgraded to a newer mask ($6E, 1989 MAF) and a .bin out of a Corvette (APYP for the manual trans and 5.7L) to get rid of my cold start injector that I did without. Cold starts were a bit annoying with it missing.

Really happy that once I had all of my data right, I could put the chip in, and have it fire right up. :)

Using tunerpro RT, a borrowed pocket programmer II, Moates adapter/ZIF, and a couple of 29SF512(think thats right number) chips.

Only modified the pulse reference that the injectors fire on startup, (8 plugs fired before injectors did on startup, now it's two) fan on /off temps, high speed fuel cutoff, (speed limiter) and the RPM limiter on/off limits

Need to get my 8192 baud cable working that I built, and start datalogging to solve the idle hunt problem and slight bog from an idle with WOT.

winALDL proved to me that the O2 sensor isn't getting/staying hot enough to go closed loop, so an AFS-74 (heated) oxygen sensor is next up. winALDL is a useful tool.

Thought I'd let folks know that are contemplating doing this, or haven't quite started, that it's entirely possible. :) Can't wait to get everything else straight, then dive into the little problems.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  2. FWP

Oct 11, 2000
    Dude, that is so cool. I've wanted to do the same thing for at least a year now, but don't have the time. Have fun, don't melt any pistons fooling around with the fuel tables :laugh:
  3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Dec 10, 2001
    That is cool! Gives me some ideas ... and hope!
    Keep us posted.

Eric M.