Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got it started!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Blaze, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, it's been a long time since I heard the 75 Firebird roar. The damn battery died and I was too cheap to buy a new one. It also had a slight(i.e. major) oil leak on the filter head and I was too busy to fix it. Well, I figured since my parents are moving next Monday and I have to move the car to their new house, I might as well get it running. I fixed the leak the best I could and bought a cheap AutoZone battery. Turned the engine a few times with no fuel just to get the oil flowing. Dumped some gas in the carb, a bunch in the tank, and fired it up. It started the first try! Gas was spewing out of the carb and it was making a racket, but it was running. Fixed the carb and tuned it a little and it runs like a charm now! Just gotta play with the timing, install the new fuel pump, and adjust the mixture and it's ready for a trip up onto the car trailer. Man, I'm finally into this car again. Just had to share!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I know the feeling. My Chevelle has been down most of the year. When I get going after it's been down for a while it feels good. After I have it going for a while I tear it back down to make it faster.

<font color=red>Sure your Durango can go any place I can go, (if I hook a strap to it).</font color=red>

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Good to see another pontiac fan. I just started driveing my firebird again since I rolled the Jimmy, my Suburban's tranny and rearend went out, and I am doing a full resto on the GTO. I love driving it, but hate the 5 mpg that it gets and the motor isnt really streetable even though I drive it on the street all the time. I went from a daily driver, to the race car, to sitting till it got a new motor with more power (900+ hp), to driving it again with the same old motor

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

sweet dude! Im glad to hear that it still runs! Ive been following your occaisional firebird updates for a while, it keeps me excited, cause after i *finish* the blazer im looking for a 75-78 ish firebird/ TA for my next project. Wont be for a while, but i like to hear about other firebird projects.

-matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350, 33's</font color=blue><font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Road</font color=red>
    www.chevyhedk5.tripod.com

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks! Man, I love this car. I just found out that where my parents are moving to they have a noise ordinance in the neighborhood. I don't care if the cops pull me over and yell at me, but I don't want to make any enemies with the neighbors. I guess my straight-off-the-headers, no-muffler, side-dumping exhaust might have to be revamped a little. Haha. Now I just gotta fix that fuel problem. Hmmmm.....

Hey shaggy, why wait till ya finish? You can have more than one project! Haha. Good luck with it when ya find it!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

6. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

haha, one project at a time for me, I suffer from poor college kid's disease, i cant afford it.
    And I think my mom would kill me if i brought another car home. my little house can barely support the ones we have now:
    86 k5 (mine)
    95 2wd ranger (my little bro)
    96 taurus wagon (mom)
    88 celebrity wagon (My baby bro)
    96 grand marquis ( grandpop)
    90 F150 (moms boyfriend's work truck)
    78 maverick (moms boyfriends daily)
    65 chevelle 4 door (my sweet little old lady of a first car)

These are just the ones that stay at the house. Moms b/f also has a 78 f350 dump truck at work, and a 56 and a 57 thunderbird each doing nothing. SO if i showed up with a trans am, i think i'd lose an arm.[shock]

-matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350, 33's</font color=blue><font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Road</font color=red>

7. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

haha, one project at a time for me, I suffer from poor college kid's disease, i cant afford it.
    And I think my mom would kill me if i brought another car home. my little house can barely support the ones we have now:
    86 k5 (mine)
    95 2wd ranger (my little bro)
    96 taurus wagon (mom)
    88 celebrity wagon (My baby bro)
    96 grand marquis ( grandpop)
    90 F150 (moms boyfriend's work truck)
    78 maverick (moms boyfriends daily)
    65 chevelle 4 door (my sweet little old lady of a first car)

These are just the ones that stay at the house. Moms b/f also has a 78 f350 dump truck at work, and a 56 and a 57 thunderbird each doing nothing. SO if i showed up with a trans am, i think i'd lose an arm.

-matt

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I hear that. Not only do I suffer from poor college kid's disease, but I suffer from ENGAGED poor college kids disease. That means not only do my parents want to kill me over my cars, but my fiancee does too. I've been trying to pick up that 76 Trans Am, but my they say I gotta sell one to bring anoter in. We don't quite have that many cars, but probably will soon. Right now we have:

1992 Firebird(my daily)
    1975 Firebird(my project)
    1986 S-10 Blazer(my work truck)
    1995 Plymouth Voyager(mom's daily)
    2000 Pontiac Montana(dad's daily)

And my dad wants to buy a 68 Mustang, so once we find a reasonable one we will have that too. Not to mention that one of my little bros is buying a car soon, since he will be getting his permit soon. Hopefully I can put him in a Pontiac, like I did with my dad and the Montana. Haha.

Hey, I think an arm would be worth it. You can't beat a Trans Am!