Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finally got my 14FF rear end

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by funkycold, Aug 31, 2003.

1. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I purchased an M1008 from a guy in OK and it finally showed up. The previous pictures did not show all the rust that I saw when I finally got it. see pics here . I plan on going to disk brake and will have to do spring mounts and shock mounts also.

I also played the junkyard lottery /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif and I WON!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    I called the first junkyard in the phonebook thinking that I would never find any '76-'78 Cadillac Eldorado calipers. I had to ask the guy 3 times /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif to make sure he said that he has them before I believed him. So I got them and will be using them as a core for new ones. They have the levers and springs also.
    Now the /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have see alot of rear disc brake set ups, but was wondering if the E-brake cable from a '89 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif will work on these calipers? Does anyone have a picture of the rear disc and E-brake hooked up? I was not able to find one.
    Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

how did you get the top of your axle so clean and smooth? Mine are pittited and I wanna make them look like that

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Careful if you crawl over any rocks not to get hung up if you use that stock cover. A nice rock would love to sink it's teeth into that overhang that you now have on the cover. That is of course unless you go with a new cover that is also shaved down. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

That is actually the bottom. I turned it upside down to work on it. It took about 20 minutes of grinding with my 7" grinder and then cleaned it up with some sanding disc. It was alot easier than I thought. Now i need to clean up the rest of it.

5. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

That is the cover from the other 14FF that I have as I had to destroy the old one from this axle. My plan is to get another cover that is thicker and hae it shaved to the housing also.