Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got my axles and front lift in!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yunit, Oct 21, 2001.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Well got he Dana 60 and 14 bolt in today; sucked though, did it by myself. I relocated & reangled the 14 bolt last week and painted it, then slid her under this morning. I painted the 60 yesterday and put it on a cart so I could roll it under the springs. Then I removed the old springs, bushings, and shackles, installed the new springs, greasable bushings and HD shackles from ORD. The only real pain in the butt that I had was the new centering pin I installed in one of the front springs, it was to wide to fit in the hole on the carrier part of the axle, so I had to drop the axle down, clamp the springs, remove the pin, grind it down and then reinstall it. One other obstacle that I have run into is the front drive shaft is touching the exhaust and the axle is under a load too. I thought I would be able to get away with not havng to make any modifications with only a 4" lift, but my luck is just as good as anyone else that owns a K5. Well for now tha axles are in, but I still do not have a set of tires and rims; hopefully my friend buys my laptop and I can order my tires and rims this week. Later, Pete.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Hey Pete, I got mine in now too. I had the same problem with the spring pin. Not sure on my driveshaft yet but it looks close. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them. I hope to be finished up and driving it on Tuesday.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Sweet man!!! [​IMG]

I remember when I finally finished my axle swap, it's quite a satisfying feeling, isn't it?

You think it feels good now, just wait until you finally get it out on the trail!! You will love it [​IMG]

Good luck on finishing it up. I ended up getting 8 lug rims from Firestone for $45 a piece; and 33"x12.5" Daytons for $109 or so a piece.

They are 15"x10" White wagon wheels. I've got a pic here, but lost my web space; so I don't have anywhere to upload it to so you can see [​IMG]

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well my front shaft did not clear.[​IMG] Also I am not sure if I will be driving it tomorrow or not. I did however move it today under it's own power.[​IMG]

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>