Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got my ProComp straps!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fubeca, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Well they finally got here 5 months after I ordered them. And the leather wrapped ends that I was holding out for ---- They AREN"T leather!!:confused: its some kind of cheap plastic fake-leather.

Anyway, I still have 2 of the cheap straps they sent me in error. So I'll probably keep them and give up. What a big joke.

P1010025.JPG

P1010026.JPG

P1010027.JPG

2. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Ive never been a fan of them and probably will never buy any of there products.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I was going to order them but didnt... was kickin myself for not.. but now...
    I have been getting and selling the military surplus straps... I was getting 40-$80 on ebay... for them...

some are 4 ply and some are 6 ply... the 4ply have some kind of tape that holds them together and the 6 ply have thick material.... so even the military straps are like those procomps....

hope they hold up for ya ;)

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I'm happy with the quality of the strap for $20 (even more happy if I keep the extras:D )

I'm just sad they sell it as a "leather wrapped" end when it isn't -- why can't they just tell us the truth.

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

What a bunch of crap, you just got yours?

You know that was my first order from them, and considering how bad they dropped the ball on a good number of us CK5ers, I don't think I'll be using them again.