Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got my swing down.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Sep 9, 2006.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Played a round of golf today with my buddies. Friends since H.S.. I've been practicing my driver swing lately and finally got it down. I'd say 90% of the swings using the driver were right on.

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I used to work on the Augusta National, been given tips form golfs greatest, and still have the worst swing ever recorded. I'd say 0.056% of my swings are any good.

I still like to get out and play though.

:D

3. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

i have only golfed 1 time in my life. my dad was laughing his ass off at me... every time i would try to kill it, i would swing right over the dam ball... i was getting piassed. so i quit before it made me madder...

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

After not playing much at all this year, I've been out about 8 times in the last couple months... Games coming around.... Pared the first 6 holes in one round a couple weeks ago at a par 72...

I play once a week these days after work with some of the guys from work... 3 outta 4 of us are lefties.. Never played with 2 other lefties in my life... We play an executive course close to work.. lotsa par 3's, don't get to break out the big stick much.. But it's good iron practice..

5. kyser_soze

My new place will be just outside of the boundry line of the golf course. It's a public golf counse mind you, meaning I'm not not rich or anything like that. Anyhoo, I'l be buying a membership next year and will be playing at least twice a week, just because it's so damn close.

Well on the swing, I used to have an arched back swinging through, but once I started to bend the knees and sraiten my back the balls started going strait and long.:wink1: Worth the wait? True golfers know the answer to that one.;)

6. ryoken

Cool...

Yeah, posture is a big aspect people often overlook.. See way to many guys standing real straightlegged.... gotta have that little bend to the knees, feel athletic, and maintain a proper back angle.. That back angle is actually the most critical thing...

It's fun when that driver starts to come around... I've been hitting the driver pretty good lately.. Been working on maintaining that wrist cock on the downswing, then really whipping thru the ball at impact... The balls really coming off the clubface hot....

My prob is I hit "down" on a ball too much as opposed to actually hitting the ball on the upswing... It hurts my trajectory, I tend to hit my driver higher then alot, more of a 3 wood trajectory and it hurts my distance due to little roll..

I have a county card that covers the executive course I play.. Cost me $9 a round... :D

7. kyser_soze

When I get the membership it'l cost me only $7. :p: :D Right now there's about 3 acres of field between me and the golf course fence. Noone goes back there so I can see a 55 gal drum filled with balls in my future. So what kind of dog can I train to pick these up for me?:D

8. ryoken

Thats what kids are for! :wink1:

I went to the range a couple weeks ago with one guy from work to help him with his swing... The kid driving the ball "picker upper" cart thing got himself stuck on a mound out there. He was a perfect 6 iron away, so I was bombing him.. He kept trying to get out and diving back in when balls where bouncing off the cart thing.. Haha, the other guy from the counter actually came over and told us to let him get out and get it unstuck....

9. kyser_soze

:laugh: Where's the video?:laugh:

Got high centered, huh. I can hear him cussing now.:D

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have Tiger distance with the my driver. Unfortunately that means that the ball is a long way off when I have to find it in the woods.

11. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i usually only play about 4 times a year, probably should play more, i`m actually supposed to be going out this morning, about an hour ago....so we`re probably not...but its a par 3 course, and like you said, you cant use your heavy artilery..fun stuff, last time i went out, i was having a fun time getting my swing right