Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally Got Registered!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MilpitasK5, Apr 25, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I finally got registered with CK5! I'm glad I joined CK5 and Nor-Cal Big Dawgs. I've been waiting for something like this to get me started on my K5!
    I just wanted to post so I could see my name with Nor-Cal Big Dawg under it! hee hee
    Chris

2. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

Congratulations /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and you should have stayed on Sunday.

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Bout time!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Free Loader!!

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Now the Addiction Begins... If it hasn't already. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. MilpitasK5

Kim - totally wish I could have but I wanted to get started on my steering brace before I break that thing from hangin' with all you folks. Didn't even end up doin' it 'cause after I got home, I took a little nap that put me out until 'bout 10:00!
    Rod - Yeah.. I started to feel guilty 'cause I've been getting a gang of good info. from this site and you guys so I had to do it. I've been meaning to but I just never got around to it!
    Ken - I've been addicted! Just took me a while to find folks like you to drop the knowledge on me. It's on now!

6. DuneRunner

So whats 1st on the list?

7. MilpitasK5

New carb or 3/4 ton axle swap (4.10s or 4.56s). Rod helped out in explaining what I want as far as axles go. Whichever comes first. Tires (i'm gonna go through 90blzr, he's got some good deals), 1/2 inch add a leaf in the front (for now. That would make me even w/ rear), limited slip or lockers. Those are the main things I need to get out of the way. Just gotta come up with the $$! Slowly but surely these will come.

8. DuneRunner

With out a doubt. It takes time... Just be sure that you have fun while doing it. I would go with a lift kit. I have a 2.5" with 33s. New front and block rear. The cost is realy cheeeep. That is what I would suggest to you to do rather then the Add a leafs. thats my .02 cents. But its up to you to decide, Glad to see your <font color=orange>ORANGE</font color=orange>

9. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Chris, if you need a little bit of lift in the front to match the rear, I suggest going with ORD's Heavy Duty front shackles, if you don't have them aready. They give you a little (1/2") lift and are a good upgrade over the stock flimsy shackles. Add A leaves would make the ride stiffer anyway. All the cool guys have 'em!

10. MilpitasK5

Ken, I'm sittin' on a 3" inch in the front and 3.5" in the rear right now. I plan on ridin' that out until I get my axles swaped!:)

Rod, I didn't think of the shackles but I'll probably do that now! With the half inch lift, will I need to extend the drive shaft or get a pitman arm or anything?
    Thanks,
    Chris

11. MilpitasK5

Hey Rod,
    I woulld need to get the 2.5 inch shackle flip from ORD, right?
    Thanks,
    Chris

12. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

If you're running blocks in the rear right now it would be a good idea to change to a shackle flip, then use ORD's Zero Rate add a leaf to get it even. But for sure the front HD Shackles are a must. No matter what you do with your suspension you'll always use those shackles.

And you probably won't need to change any steering parts or modify your driveshaft. Maybe a steering arm but talk to Ken about that. He put a 4" steering arm on his 2.5 lift and had some problems.

13. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Just to clarify, the Shackle flip is for the Rear, it replaces the blocks and you run your stock spring... GOOD FLEX!!

14. MilpitasK5

Thanks for the clarification Rod!