Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got some pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cybrfire, Dec 29, 2002.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Nice Blazer looks like a grat starting place.
    What are your plans??.
    Bo
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cybrfire

Well, that is a big can of worms. It already has 3/4 ton axles with 4.10's.Sooner or later I will get a Detroit in the rear and maybe and ARB up front. I have a 454 being built for it. I am insearch of a 205 case. I have a 203 now so eventually I would like to get the doubler kit and put the two together. Right now I am in the process of redoing the interior. So it is pretty empty inside. The tires that are on it are 35x15.5x16.5 swampers. They are about shot so when they need to be replace I'm gona go to 8" of lift via shackle flip and 57" FxxD leave packs and 40" tires. That is the major plan. Like some other stuff I have seen lately. X-over steering and Diff gaurds lots of other little goodies. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif When I get that far I hope to get out to MOAB blazer bash some day.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Looks good! I like the viser too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. cybrfire

Thanks, Actually just got that put back on yesterday. It was originally attached with sheetmetal screws. Passed an 18 wheeler on the highway and it damn near flew off. Now I attached it with these things called Mollies. They are a cross between a rivet and a nut. You drill a hole and crimp them to the sheet metal and walla it is threaded ready to go for a .25" bolt. Really quite handy. Got them from where I work. Not sure where you would find them outside of that but I can find out who makes them if anybody wants to Know... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> We call those little suckers "threadserts" around here. Nice little gadgets, I use them pretty regularly. </font color>

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I pick up a lot of guff for mine but I've had it for years and I like it. It hasnt blown of yet either. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif