Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finally got started...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Aug 14, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Ive been planning on some pretty serious body mods and finally got started yesterday. Shane74 from BWP came over along with his amigo Adam and we tore into the beast. Before they got there I had the interior gutted, gas tank removed etc... so we were ready to go. Here's what it looked like pre cut vs post cut...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres what got chopped off....

[​IMG]

Im going to be cutting a few inches of sheetmetal off the tail-light area and then it will be re-joined with the rest of the bed. Plan is to take 8" of length out of it and then narrow the rear also. These two mods combined should really "pull the butt in" on my rig.

On friday I decided to start on my rock sliding-capable rocker boxes. Standard 4x2" tube. I haven't been welding long, but some flapper wheel action made it look kinda purdy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more progress pics to come. Actual tech info will probably find its way to the BWP site after write-ups are done...

j

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Sweet thats what i was planning to do. have the taillight right at the rear spring hanger.
    Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :D

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

:yikes: I can't bare to watch.. I'll have to see the finished product. :D

PS, you have an "after chop" mixed into the "before chop" pics .. but we get the idea. ;) I'm sure it will turn out great... :thumb:

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

they are mixed on purpose so you can see pre/post-cut on your monitor at the same time. Easier to compare that way. ;) :grin:

j