Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got the hood up on the '84

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, Jan 18, 2002.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Finally got the hood up on the \'84

I bought it with a damaged front end. Looks like the previous owners are lucky that they didn't have any problems, the air filter is so digusting it looks like a big rouund chocolate cake and the oil is very very low. I had to put my hi-lift on the front bumper and lift the hood even to get a socket in and unbolt the hood latch. The fan blade is like a 1/2 in or closer away from nailing the motor lucky break. I am writing down a list of what I am gonna need to get her in straight condition front clip, drivers side fender, hood. Thats all body and base wise. I'm working on a web-site I took pictures today and plan to post them on the site tommorow. I'll give out the we address when the sit has some pictures on it.

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Re: Finally got the hood up on the \'84

It's amazing sometimes how much work needs to be done when the damage initially looks marginal. You may want to take some pics and possibly do a write up... I know banging stuff up front either on the road or the trail happens and while the damage will very it would point to some key areas to look at for the DIY'ers out there without a wealth of bodywork experience.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

3. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Re: Finally got the hood up on the \'84

You know what I'm going do that right now. Good Idea! [​IMG]