Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got the k5 back...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by atlantak-5er, Mar 5, 2006.

1. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

Just had the suspension and driveshafts done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thats a clean 75 man, really clean! Looks good !:laugh: Can you give a shot of some rust, to make me feel better?:haha: :D

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Is it just me, or does your "75" Blazer have frames around the door windows a la a 76+?

-- A

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, i think your right, hes lyin!!!!! That aint a 75!!!! :haha: j/k

5. atlantak-5er

It is a 75 w/ 81 Doors. I'm waiting for some donor door to get all the pieces to keep the glass from flopping all around once I chop the frames.

All the rust was fiberglassed by "bubba" before I got it. But, actually, the only really rust spot was on the radiator support of all places.

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Lookin good man! You need to do something about that rear shock setup though.:doah: Dont want to let that shackle flip and 57's be limited by the shocks do ya.:D Nice truck though.
    -Harrison

7. atlantak-5er

I got the ultra long gabriels that everyone talks about on here. Is it still limiting my flex? What should I run? These things are frikkin long as he11? I guess I'll have to check to see if it limits my flex.

8. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Ah, if you run soft-top, keep the door frames. You may look like a Ramcharger, but it's easier than trying to seal the doors :D

-- A

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

What is limiting your flex is the way the shocks are setup. The stock location to the frame like yours works for a stock truck, but limits your flex with a lift. Most people opt to run an inboard setup (i.e. the shocks bolt to a crossmember between the frame rails). This allows you to push the top of the shock to the bottom of the bed floor and inwards resulting in more travel. The setup im talking about looks like this: /\ Do a search on here for inboard shock setup and you can probably find some pics. I am running an inboard setup from Missouri Offroad Outfitters (MOO is no longer in business btw) and it worked wonders over my old stock setup. You can also make one yourself very easily. Mine came with 4 different mounting locations for each shock so you can run a different length shock depending on what you are doing with the truck. I, of course, have the shocks at the most inward location so I can run the longest shock possible so as not to limit my flex.
    -Harrison