Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got the sliders mounted on the tow rig.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DPI, Feb 14, 2005.

1. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Actually these are more like steps for the wife. Oh, and they are awesome for those people who like to park close and open there doors into their neighbors vehicle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

those are pretty cool :D

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Those are sweet, did you make them or buy them? If you bought them could you let us know where?

Jeff

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

<hijack>

I s'pose at some point I gotta pull the SmittyBilt nerf bars I put on my :k5: years back, when I had a short wife ... but I'd like to have something to protect the sheetmetal, and have *something* to clamber on on my way up the half doors.

Daniel, I s'pect you made those... any tips on mounting them to the older body style? Should I go straight to the frame, and brace to the sheet metal, or ... ?

-- A

</hijack> :D

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Duh.....just went to your website. Love the bumpers and sliders. Could you PM me prices for the hidden winch bumper and rock whore sliders?

Thanks,

Jeff

6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sweet, I have the exact same truck, how much ???

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

and duh, if *I'd* gone and looked at the web page I'd have answered my own question...

<smacks head>

:D

-- A

8. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I love that truck. It is my wife's daily driver 'cause we live about 3 miles from her place of employment so it's easier on the fuel bill for her to drive it. And she likes driving it! She just needed some steps to get in since she is a hair under 5' tall...

I doubt I could price them competitively. I have about 12-16 hours of time from start to finish on this first set. Most of the fabrication I do now is for myself. I just don't have time to do much for others.

Oh, they are mounted to the frame via the frame body mount brackets. I wanted them the full length between the wheel wells, I could NOT mount them to the body bushing mounts like most nerf bars are made for these trucks. I haven't seen others built this way and I wanted the full protection...:D I don't know if you can tell or not, but I used the dupli-color spray on bedline in a rattle can to paint them. That stuff is awesome and almost bullet proof, but a little pricey. I used 3 cans at $6.50 a can from Wally World (Wal-Mart).

9. James670X

James670X 1/2 ton status

Nice work!

10. biere

biere Newbie

Nice. I am a ways from getting to this part but the "steps" will be sliders and parking lot dork protection and what not.