Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FINALLY got the wife to drive the truck!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, May 21, 2002.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i wish i had a picture. today i had to pic up our kids and since my back seat is in the driveway right now i had to pich up her tahoe and leave the k5.it really is a sexy thing to see a woman driving a truck on 40" tires. i also learned that my tires are LOUD.

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

My wife has driven mine a couple times and she keeps complaining that "when I drive that thing guys stare at me" I just laugh, cause I know she likes it. LOL!!

3. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i went wheeling this weekend.buried my blazer on a trail run so the suburban behind me pulled around me to pull me out.doors open up and 2 women get out!nothing better than seeing women out there tearing it up,not to mention they pulled me out!that was a first for me.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LOL... My girl has driven my K5 home a couple of times (when I've had a few to many drinks) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I let my wife drive the Jimmy to work when her Altima was in the shop.....a first for her......she said it's too big.....said she would take the Vette next time.....LOL......been with her a year and a half and she ain't drove it yet......She actually thinks I'm dumb enough to give a woman a loaded weapon........(OK, ladies...take yer shots.....hehehe)......actually, I think she's safer in the Jimmy than she is in the Vette since she can see better, and people tend to keep their little rice wagons out of the way.....She also parks in a very crowded lot....

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I made that mistake once. I ended up having to get myself a new truck cause she wouldn't give it back. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Now when it's nice out and the top is off the 75 she doen't think twice about taking it. Her only complaint is getting into it (she's 5ft tall LOL and my truck is on 35's now, right at 7ft at the roof.) and the way it handles with the Detroit in the back.
    Here is our club bio with both trucks pictured. this is pre 35's on mine. Hit home to get to the front page to see mine taking a little dip /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The picture of the 79 coming up that nasty rut, my wife is driving it. She wheels too. The other picture of the 79 is on Trail 6 at Tellico in January.
    http://www.gbr4wd.com/profilepages/HummerlEric/HummelEric.htm

7. sapper

those are cool pics. i caint take mine out untill next year, after i bought my new tires she said the truck fund was empty to include it breaking. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

My g/f has only driven my truck a handful of times...she doesn't know how to drive a stickwell enough to drive in city traffic yet though...
    She already knows my passion for chevy's much less K5's and she would like a first gen as a weekend warrior...Fine by me...I want a first gen probably more than she does...

My younger sister was driving my super well kept 85 GMC with 350 flows just all out clean truck and she was wondering why so many guys were checking her out...shoot by the time she was on to her own car she could whip that truck around on a dime whether it was grass - mud - dry pavement. I thought it was pretty cool she could handle a 260+ hp full size truck.

All my friends would ask who the fine girl was hauling A$$ around town in my truck...the tinted windows hide the driver except when nearby...still very wierd to have them say that about my sister much less tell me she was crusin' for a brusin'

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My wife used to drive my K5 every day. We gave her car to our Daughter. So she drove the K5 for 6 months till we found a new car she wanted. She liked it. said it was nice being up high and able to see whats going on. And liked the 350s Power. I fianally had to buy her a new Monte Carlo SS so I could get my truck back.
    A mistake I made was letting my 17 year old daughter drive it.
    Now she wants to use it all the time........ I think she gets a lot of attention from the boys when she drives it.

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

How did you do it? My wife still refuces to drive mine. I think she is scared of it. She won't even move it around the yard.

11. sapper

it was just the fact that i needed the kid getter and she had to drive it. its so damn high now that she wont even go for rides in it anymore. oh well./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I never got my wife to drive my K5. She refused to drive a stick. Now I have the Suburban and she has only driven it with the 33's and 6 inches of lift. The first time she drove it was no lift. I think that got her confidence going. The second time she drove it was at Pismo beach. She was driving the dunes and crossed the river. She hasn't driven it since I went over 36's. She can't even get into it right now. For a while it was the only thing she felt safe in. Some one hit here Camaro back in Jan. and then we got hit again last month. The second one totaled out her car. Now she's driving a 2002 Blazer extreme. I can't wait to RTI this!

13. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

If I'm feeling nice that day, I'll let my hubby drive my blazer /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

JD, I don't blame you on the vette deal. That car is sweet!! An it's so purty /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

My girl won't get near the truck anymore. Once, a few years ago, I didn't realize my front end was in bad shape. She was driving on the freeway at 60 miles per in the second to fast lane when the truck all of a sudden veered over three lanes without warning. Fortunately, she didn't hit any other cars and she was just shook up. Since then she swears that my truck is like "Christine". She call it a "fat B!t©h that hates her guts." LOL, but I do understand her fear. Cool thing is nobody gets to drive my beast but me.

Chris M

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha yea i know what you mena about the whole "sexy" thing...i was telling my friends that i thought a girl driving a big assed truck was hot..and they dont understand it...but i see some people do!!

Bryan-later

16. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, this K5 thing has more perks than I thought! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

17. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i love seeing a girl drive a big truck!

no one drives the suburban but me, it's legelly not even mine!! it's still my dad's but he don't like driving it, his expedition is more powerful (flowmaster, K&N, hypertech) but wait til i get my 383 done, /forums/images/icons/wink.gif then he'll wanna drive it.

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, 9 out of 10 SUVs I see driving around have women behind the wheel. While it may be kinda cool, its kinda sad that men have sorta been relagated to the family geo metro while the wife drops the kids off at soccer practice in the monster truck. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

19. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

I still love seeing women in 4x4s with brush guards at the supermarket or mall. WTF. Car salesman got a nice profit on that one.

Chris M

20. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

its kinda sad that men have sorta been relagated to the family geo metro while the wife drops the kids off at soccer practice in the monster truck

<hr></blockquote>

Us wimmen are da boss and don't you forget it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif