Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FINALLY GOT THE14BFF IN TODAY

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJB774X, Mar 9, 2003.

1. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

as I posted yesterday, I could not bolt up my 14bolt, because I welded the perches on at 40 1/2" when it needed to be 42 1/2", so today I tried to locate some more perches but was unsuccessful due to it being sunday, so I just torched them off clean and reused the old ones, bolted right in this time, looks awsome with the shackle flip, now I just need to locate that conversion joint but I may wait and just get the shaft re done for it is almost all the way stretched out, with the flip the zero rates I made (1" back) put the axle right where it needs to be, the tire looks centered in the wheel well, I wish I angled the perches a little more though for the driveshaft angle is more then I intended. does anyone know if longer parking brake cables are available? mine are not long enough also if its not much hassle I need some pics of where to place my shocks, the stock location is no good because last time I went wheeling and really tucked the passenger side theshock must have bottomed out and pushed hard against the frame for its cracked all the way in half (next weekends battle)

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Sweet! I bet it'll take some serious pounding to break.

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

cut off the normal mount, get some plate steel, cut it, and mount them on top of the axle.