Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got to try out my winch...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 29, 2003.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

...because the little wind storm we had blew some of the neighbors trees into the road. It was kinda fun ripping them the rest of the way out and then pulling them out of the way /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif WInch worked like a charm AND the bumper I made is still in one piece /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Its always fun to see if what you built holds up to what you are doing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Glad to hear you finally got to do a little testing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

wow the bumper didnt fall off after you modified it?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know, its amazing. I know the trees were heavy because it was pulling my truck foward with only the parking brake on, had to hold the brakes. Nice to see the wiring was correct too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and even got to try out the fast idle switch I put in. It was good times

5. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

dude there was no doubt in my mind your stuff would work just fine /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

What kind of winch was it?
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Warn M8000, I got it used a while back and had to put in new solenoids and make cables to connect it to the battery and weld up/modify my bumper with a winch mount...(pics in webshots, June misc)...with out ever having welded, wired or done any of this before /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I decided I need a tree strap after that too, so I got one off Ebay today, good times /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dude there was no doubt in my mind your stuff would work just fine /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

uh huh /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ...well it worked, we'll see how it does long term, would take multiple welds to fail and bolts to break to completely fail me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif