Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally got to work after a short wait.......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by uao85, Jun 2, 2006.

1. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I finally got a chance this week to do a little work on the blazer............................................................wow its hard to remind myself I dont have my blazer anymore..........I finally got to work on my TRUCK without doing too much heavy lifting since I am still recovering from shoulder surgery that was done on the 12th of May. I picked up the truck a few weeks ago for free in exchange for doing some wiring work on some friend of a friends house. Did I mention its an m1008???? Anyways, the first order today was to take care of getting the truck running, and when I got it, had a bad starter and flywheel. Instead of buying a $300 24v starter, I just took my time today and used the instruction manual off of the roscoe equipment site and converted the system to a regular 12v system with the batteries hooked in parallel instead of in series so I could just buy a regular 12v high torque starter for 100 bucks. Got the starter replaced and now its just waiting on a flywheel, but parts place closed so it will wait. Next on the list, I am thinking por15 interior, then bedliner interior and the bed, pb ugrade the radio, 4" lift, hummer 36" mtr tires mounted on the original rims, maybe a lockright up front. Here are a few teaser pics of how it sits now, not really any cosmetic difference for now, but more pictures will come with mods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mmmmm look at that fine piece of metal a$$.

Remington

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Do you want a factory CUCV grill guard for it? I dont think I have any bumpers but I do have 3 grill guards. CUCV's rock! Do you have that thing here in CS?

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Well I did have a bumper for it, but it weighed about 250 pounds and was welded to the frame, but with some crafty torch work I freed it without damaging the frame. Yeah I am actually looking for a bumper/grill guard combo for the front, but need the whole thing shackle, bumper, grill guard and all. I think I have found one though along with a few other parts like lift springs and some other misc stuff from a guy over on the tx4x4 board. Yeah the truck is in Bryan right now at my house, and I am back and forth like almost everyday helping with my parents house. Thats all about to stop though. As soon as I get back I will be putting a flywheel in and getting it running. I dont think I have had a chance to meet any ck5ers, but would be cool to get together some time to shoot the $hit when I move back into town for good next week. EDIT: Oh yeah here is a pic of the rediculously heavy bumper I had to cut off the truck, all bottom material is atleast 1/2" if not 5/8", and the bars are solid stock steel about 2 1/2" in diameter. WHOA!!
    [​IMG]
    Remington