Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally home!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by jms, Oct 8, 2003.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

So I finally made it home around 3 p.m. today! Great to meet everyone, this truly is a cool group to 'wheel with. For those of you who couldn't come: you've missed a great experience, better mark your calendars now for next year.

Here's a quick rundown of my BB'03 experience:

Trails for the Lowrider: Elephant Hill - Lower Helldorado - Pritchett Canyon (YESS!!!) - Hell's Revenge - Fins'n Things / Play spots on Hell's Revenge. Rockpile on Pritchett proved too much, managed to drive everything else, with an insurance strap on Rocker Knocker. Also, finally drove Tipover challenge on Monday.

Again, many thanks to the hardcore guys for letting me tag along and helping me drive Lower Hell and Pritchett! Couldn't have done it without the great spotting by Stephen Watson, Dave Cowley, Dirk Phillips, and many others. Maybe one of these days I will learn the art of the "bump". It certainly was a classroom lesson to watch the ORD crew on the trails. Note to all who like the body on their trucks: it can be frustrating to drive behind a buggy, particularly when they carry an ORD sticker....

Carnage: a dent in the right rear chrome wheel center, and I stood the Lowrider on the bumper a couple of times.

So much for now, details to follow, I've got like 18 rolls of film to develop, but now I need a shower....

2. tgswillys

tgswillys Registered Member

It was good to see you again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I hope you can make the easter trip

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Ditto..nice to see ya again bud! Let me know if you will be around easter...

DW

4. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Glad you got home OK. It was good to meet you and sorry to take your 'lowrider' title away. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Thanks for lookin out for me and keeping on the trail /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Take care of that spotter of yours, she's much better at it than Sammy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Glad you made it back OK. We got in at 4:00 A.M. Tues. morning /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Then I took Mike to the airport to fly back to Mich. It seem like I always have a really hard time leaving! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Had a great time with <font color="red"> ALL </font> of you guys as usual. Pictures are going to start loading tonight if I can. I will post a link soon.
    Tell Easter......... (can't wait! again.) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Oh and don't forget to welcome Tony as a new member!

6. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I will certainly try to make it for Easter. Great seeing all of you, and good to see you aboard on CK5, Tony.

Doug, now that I also know where that Freightliner dealership is in GJ, I should be able to look you up on my next trip!

Mr. Bill, I've got the Lowrider plate, you'll have to come up with something different! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dave, leaving Moab is difficult, I was wondering during the whole day Monday what you really had in mind when you talked about leaving 'early'.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You all keep the shiny side up, until next time, michael /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif