Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FINALLY! I FOUND THEM!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Oct 18, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hey all, just had to share -

[​IMG]

As some folks know, I've been searching HI and LOW for a set of FORD DRW hubs. Today I drove out with Bryan to pickup a 465/205 combo. While we were there, I found these hubs in the same yard! That gets me half way to hummers! Now I just need to find out what to do on the rear... and I'm in bizznizz! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Dan

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

BTW - I wanted to mention that I will be writing a lil HUMMER RIM TECH ARTICLE on getting these bad boys mounted. I put quite a bit of thought into the whole spacer vs. new centers vs. DRW hubs/axles subject, and hope some of my info might come in handy to others. I've just started it tonight, so there is plenty more to come down the road! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Dan

4. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

If I had known that those ford hubs were worth something I wouldnt have taken 4-5 sets to the scrap yard.

5. KRAZIE87K5

Ford told me they no longer produce them... so I assume that people out there will be looking for them used. I've found them selling for up to $200/set! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Lets see... thats $800-1000 that you recycled! Congrats! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

6. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Ford still produces them, Ill get the pn on monday.

7. KRAZIE87K5

I talked to Woodfield Ford (a rather large Ford dealership) and their systems reported that these are no longer produced. If you find a PN, it would be news to me and my local Ferd shop.

But HELL! Who cares... I already got mine!

-Dan

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Just currious, what is the importance of using Ford hubs? Why not GM DRW hubs?

9. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I think he's using a put together dana 60 and he has ford outers on it.

10. KRAZIE87K5

[ QUOTE ]
    Just currious, what is the importance of using Ford hubs? Why not GM DRW hubs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like K5DRAGER said, I've got a Dodge housing, and Ford outers. I already paid up for my 4340 35 stubs for the Ford setup, and I want to run stock hummers w/o recentering them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Ford spindles are shorter by about .600" - so the chevy stuff won't work for me.

-Dan

11. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yes, I knew the Ford spindle/hub/stub were shorter, but I didn't know you had the cross-breed housing. I just thought maybe there was some odd benefit to the Ford hubs that I didn't know about. All the Ford boys are going GM, and your going the other way. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I hope the knucks hold up for you. Just ask Matt (NoRulz) how good the Ford knucks are when you thrash with 42s. And upgrading to the "best bang for the buck" I've ever seen in new after market knucks, which is Daeden Baer, requires GM/Dodge outer bits... Matt just made this upgrade on his F350 truggy and is very happy with ditching the Ford parts (and he is a Ford guy! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Not to hyjack, but which 'yard did you go to?

13. KRAZIE87K5

Its top secret... I'd have to kill you if I told you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Its top secret... I'd have to kill you if I told you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up with that?

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if he told you, there wouldn't be anymore parts leftover! Everybody else would know and get all the goodies! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've got my favorite yard I use which is out of state. No, I'm not gonna announce the name of it either for fear of the yard going out of business. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

16. KRAZIE87K5

Nuttin. I like my yard. There are more parts there that I want. I'm not willing to give out my secrets. I've only ever told ONE person. Besides that, its more of a friend that has a sweet yard full of parts vs. a business just taking my money. Thats "WTF is up with that." [​IMG]

-Dan

17. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Re: FINALLY! I FOUND THEM!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by Some Jackass in Oklahoma

Should have been handled via PM...

18. KRAZIE87K5

DAMN SKIPPY MAN. I can only go so far - and if you read close, I HAVE told a couple people about it... but they're close friends. This yard isn't just a yard... its a rig-builders dream come true. Imagine stumbling onto a place where the owners ONLY collected 1 ton chevy/ford parts, already taken everything that was useless out of the picture, and then organized all the stuff so you could walk around and choose what you wanted like its the freakin cereal isle at Jewel/Osco.

Now do you understand? I'm not just giving this secret up. Sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Dan

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Come awn, Kyle. How's those wheels working out for ya? Usually I agree with your perspective, but this is one of those deals like gsa auctions. It's not a deal anymore once everyone in the world knows about it...You can PM me if you need anything in particular cause I consider you a wheeling buddy. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. KRAZIE87K5

I gave Kyle that option too in a PM... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan