Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally in its rightful place...THE GARAGE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by aksidentproan, Mar 21, 2002.

1. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Well...my dads BMW when to the paint shop so we just happened to have an empty garage and a K5 with no top. This is what happened

Pic 1:
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/26977104/33759979utFfiR

It took some precision backing and 2 trys and almost had to let some pressure out of the tires but i just got a few people to sit on the front bumper so it would clear the opening

Evan

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

How did you get it in the garage?

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Just as a trivia question.....I thought that the headlight surrounds were "silver" on the '70 models....and only painted "black" on the '69 model?

Is this a change you deliberately made....or could this be a very late '69 production model K5?

Just curious...... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

What color is that, Hugger Orange? I want to paint my Chevelle something like that.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I thought I had it rough with my garage! Only time my truck see's the inside of the garage is when I'm working on it. My 70 LeMans sport convertibel has one side and my Supra has the other. The two K5's live on the drive. Well the 75 lives in a pine island so the lady can park closer to the house. Right now the 75 is sitting with 6 ton jack stands fully extended under it on the drive and all four wheels are still on the ground LOL. After this weekend it will no longer fit in the garage without rolling in on flats.

6. aksidentproan

Useyourblinker - With the top off it fits and i had to get my dad and brother to sit on the bumper to get the window frame under

7. aksidentproan

Greg72 - When I got the truck last year they were faded black so I repainted them with gloss black to dress up the front a little bit. When I typed in my VIN in the decoder it came up as a 1970 but who knows.

Evan

8. aksidentproan

Chvyhs - Yes its hugger orange but needs repainted. It gets alot of chips becasue the tires stick out past the fenders and fling rocks up on it. What I need is some nice Fender Flares that they no longer make that somone was selling on this board not to long ago.

Evan

9. aksidentproan

Grim - I wish I could work on my truck while in the garage but as you can see there is no room for that. It only gets put in when the BMW is away/forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    Evan