Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally joining the club

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Jan 6, 2005.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well its been a while guys but im finally joining the club. Tomarow im buying an 84 K5. Its just stock right now and as i get money im sure it will get one tons and th350 tranny. Right now its just on 10bolts whith a 305 700R5/208. But for stock it should serve me well. Now your probly wondering why im not posting about the LUV, well it chunked the rear end so its not vary drivable and thus The K-5 was for sale and ive been looking for a good condition one for a while so im finally getting one. Ill try to get pics up when i buy it.

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

How many fullsizes have I tried getting you to buy in the past? ;)

Thought the day would never come. Better have it ready for "Snow Days".

3. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

poor LUV...

hey, it could be worse. My poor '79 LUV with 350sbc/TH350 floor shifter/12-bolt rear/11" rear tires was totalled about a year ago. I still miss it. It was cramped and uncomfortable, but the thing was a friggin rocket. I fixed the driveshaft more times than I'd like to think of in that little truck.

I've thought about maybe buying a '78 or older 4x4 LUV and building it into a super rock crawler. But I need to get all my junkers running first and that takes $$$.

Congrats on going Full-size, though! They're FUN!

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

79 was the first year for factory 4x4 on the LUVs. Yeah i think im going to turn my LUV into a mud bogger, i have another third member off my 79 LUV i got for $400. But i have just finally had it whith not being able to find parts for the LUV. And i have never seen Allan at a loss of parts availibility to keep his fleet going so i should be good.:D

5. OrangeCrushK10

doh...

only '79 and up are 4x4's eh?

Well dang... guess I'm stuck with that stupid smog pump that plagued my last LUV. Ah-well, I like the '79 body style better anyway. :grin:

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

its not hard to swap "body styles" though. The only diference is the grille:)

But anyway, the K-5 is freakin awsome, It has the power options (windows and locks). And it just seems like it has power, when i floor it i can see the left front coner come up a little. But it wont power brake, thats about the only thing the LUV could do well, LOL.:blush: Well anyway, i guess its time to start saving for 3/4tons, cross over steering 6"springs and some 38s:cool1:

7. OrangeCrushK10

3/4?

3/4 tons? What's this crap? Go 1 ton! :D

Same price and a lot more strength! At least in the rear. I suppose I can accept a 3/4 T front since D60's are so expensive. We'll see how long it takes me to break it. ;)

8. mountainexplorer

You said it would stay stock. :confused:

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ive been wondering where you have been lately, i miss the LUV posts.

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well i whent through basic and tech school to become a tin bender for uncle sam:cool1: . But aside from that, i kinda got tired of some of the guys giving me a bunch of crap for posting about mini trucks. So i perty much just stuck to LUVtruck.com. But i figure since im a K-5 owner, now you might put up whith some GM mini truck insanity:D

And Allan, im thinking it might stay stock, but you know how i work. I said the LUV was fine whith 27s, then it got 28s and now its on 30s:laugh:

11. mountainexplorer

Going from 27's to 30's isn't as big of a jump as going from 31's to 38's though. ;)

12. mountainexplorer

I forgot to ask... think the new K5 will be able to do what the Luv could? ;)

[​IMG]