Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally lift kit in !!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hate to admit this, but I'm paying someone to turn wrenches for me. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif With still being fairly new to the area, I really haven't met anyone willing to turn wrenches for free, of let me use some space. It really sucks that I can't work on the K/5 here in my driveway. But one of the guys in the local 4x4 club offered to do it for $150.00, that's less then half of what the shops charge, and I really want the lift installed so I can put some 35" tires on it. Besides, I was getting nervious driving it with the front suspension (leaf springs) in the shape they're in. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Finally getting the lift kit in.

So what did you end up going with.....?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For now it's 6" Superlift front springs, and the rest is all Procomp. Add a leaf and blocks set up. When I can aford it, I'm going to get the 4" ORD shackle flip with 2" superlift rear springs. Probley be next spring befor I do that though. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hope to be getting some 35" Swampers soon.

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thats cool Z3PR /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Would love to see some pics when its done? How are those wolf puppys doing? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll take some pic's and add them to my webshots this weekend. Haven't been out to get any more pics of the wolf cubs yet. I'll try to get out to Bear Country with a cam soon to get pics of the wolf cubs. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Getting ready to go check on the progress in a couple of hours. I'm so noisy when it comes to my K/5. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The back end is done and the front end is 1/2 way completed !!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I'm amazed how much higher it sits even with the stock tires on it. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Can't wait to see it with 35's on it now!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Got any pics up yet? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not yet, gotta borrow my friend's digital camera sence mine is a POS. He's out of town right now going though training to be a deputy sheriff. Kinda funny, I've been in trouble with the law in my youth, so who does he leave his gun with but me. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

11. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Didn't you just get that camera? What's wrong with it?

Congrats on getting the Lift done /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'll take some pic's and add them to my webshots this weekend. Haven't been out to get any more pics of the wolf cubs yet. I'll try to get out to Bear Country with a cam soon to get pics of the wolf cubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The digital camera I bought was a used one on ebay. I cant get it to upload the pic's to the computer. So I use my friends that uses a dicsette. It's easy, just pop the dicsette in the drive and it does the rest.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My friend with the good digital camera should be home this weekend. I'll borrow his camera then. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The 6" suspension lift is installed and the K/5 is home /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Front driveshaft is in the backseat till I can get it lenghtened, the rear driveshaft needs lenghtened also, but I was able to drive it home. I found the CV joint in the front driveshaft it shot. Maybe thats where the vibration was comeing from. Looks funny /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif with the small tires still on it. Gotta take care of the driveshafts befor the 35" Superswampers can be bought. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Happy to have it home, I'll get some pic's as soon as I can. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thats Great! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Now if your anything like me for the first week or two everytime you go near it you look like /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but then a week or so after that your like /forums/images/icons/frown.gif i need a bigger lift /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Have fun.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think I'm gonna be happy with the 6" lift. Driving it even with the stock size tires still on it I felt like the truck was alot bigger. It's going to be hard to wait till I can get the 35" Superswamper. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif