Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finally new pics of my truck!... and what it looks like now

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 21, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

after it was rolled /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

hello Mr Potato Head...
    [​IMG]

good bye /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

new 82 front fenders, 79 and down lights, new radiator, corboe race seats, and added tube to the cage and removed the fender skins and added 5 doller trailer tail lights /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif and a 454 on top /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

here it was in september before it was on the road /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[​IMG]

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Looks good!

But I think that the roll gave it character.

Too bad about losing the paint job though.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I like that better anyways....Wish the Burb would look good without skins /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

looking good, lose the body lift already!

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Too bad ya spent all that money on new body panels and paint, plus all the hours of grafting in those 'yota tail lights, before you decided that it would be fun to see how fast you could destroy it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. supersize75

no.. I really like haveing the clearence between my body and frame, plus my distribiter doesn't hit this way with the big block, and I want to go to 42's with out having to hit the floor or move the axel forward.

plus I can run tube under the body to tie in both dides of my rear bumper and rockers for extra streanth and support.

I am also am making a new sub frame out of 2x2 in the rear bed since my bolts ripped through the floor,plus it allows me to not have huge stiff springs /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

and the # 1 reason of all..... It is easy as hell to get to the top two bolts on my tranny /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif try that on a stock truck /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have debated taking it off all the time "even today I thought about it" but I just like the benifits. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

7. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    Too bad ya spent all that money on new body panels and paint, plus all the hours of grafting in those 'yota tail lights, before you decided that it would be fun to see how fast you could destroy it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

dont worry I am building another one asap..with yota lights too and the same paint I think but a little brighter and 40" MTR's /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif and a built 383 and, and and... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Holly crap dude! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif You are one crazy SOB. I still like it though, I mean at least you went and got new straight fenders to put back on it. BTW how do you have all this time and money to work on that thing (and run it for that matter)If I did all that I'd have to sell the house /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Shawn, so how about a slammed 75 2wd for your next project. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Atleast you won't be tempted to roll it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Holy crap dude, I watched that truck go from pristine condition to piece of [darn] rock crawler body in 3 months. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I thought I was hard on my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, But you really f*cked that one up quick.

12. supersize75

I own my own bisiness and am doing very well for a 19 year old "knock on wood" things are going great and I work from about 3:30 am to 7:30am monday through friday so I have all day to tinker on it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

also means that I dont have to work on the weekend so I get alot of chances to break... I mean, wheel my truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ur rig is MUCH cooler post-roll... Im thinking that everyone should roll their rig! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif a lot less bling... which is ALWAYS a good thing.

j

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well I like it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Glad that you are ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

That was such a straight and clean and nice looking Blazer... too bad it all got messed up. But I'm sure... in some strange way... it was still worth the fun though (rolling it).

17. supersize75

yea, just wait untill my next update, I got tons of cool crap in the works /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am a little bummed but I learned alot during the build up so I know what to do and what not to do on my next one, also I may start with a non wrecked truck and I make more money now so it wont take me 2.5 years this time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.....I hope

so far I am thinking

73-75 tub
    3/4 front 1 ton rear
    toyota lights..again
    480le built
    built BB with howell FI
    Carpet!
    yukon/ suburban leather seats
    97 and up suburban dash
    91 front clip with HID lights
    bright red pearl paint
    tan interior
    18 or 20 inch rims...I'm serious /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    39 inch tires
    and a KMA style front bumper
    front/rear cv shafts Hi angle machined
    and to top it off stage 3 fogger kit /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    oh and flawless body work done by me

I also have a plan to graft in 94+ camaro side mirrors into the door and fender /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

oh and a custom tailgate with my business name surrounded by flames.

maby ghoast flames while I'm at it too /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Did I mention this one wont see that many rocks if any /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

oh an I know I cant spell..dislexic gets me

18. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

The rig looks nice, buildups are definatly alot of work im in the middle of mine nearing the end of phase 1, I still need a 2 inch lift and shocks. Money is what keeps on haultin me. That and the motor is kinda screwy. Im 19 too btw. Whats your business?

19. supersize75

Commercial cleaning, I workd for a guy for almoastfour years off and on and finally decided I could do it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What's that a C-10 over there? What are you going to do to it? Lety me know my causon whats to do a C-5 or A C-10 Build-up.

Hope your like your K-5 since the roll over!