Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally ordered my doubler...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MaxCrack, Mar 3, 2004.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Last summer I took out my GIANT DRW dana 70's and put in a nice, easy to work on and find parts for, 14 Bolt. And a '79 High pinion Dana 60. I had the front end and the Ford 205 for about three years now. I swapped the axles in last summer after I busted an axle shaft in the rear end (starting from a stop light no less).

I had to spend my doubler fund on other stuff, and finally saved up enough to order it. Unfortunately for me, it sounds like business is good over at ORD because they were out of aluminum. So I have to wait an extra week or so. Unfortunately I do not have enough to order the Shifters, so I guess I'll have to rig up my own. Not to mention, get on cleaning up that 205.

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Right there with ya. I ordered my doubler this past week.I just went with the 2" up rotation and 2 shifters. should be fine.

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm still waiting for my 205 input shaft to arrive. Last night the wife was watching me clean up the 203 and she asked "why do you need 2 of those things again?". So I got real technical and she just said "nevermind". Good luck getting everything together.

4. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

My Ford 205 was very inexpensive (if it's free, it's for me /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif), but it has a slip yoke rear output /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. After talking to Steve (quite a while ago) I found out I could just swap it with a Chevy 205 output. This will make it easier to hook up the speed-O cable too. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Now I have to clean up the garage /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif so I can find all the parts. I picked them up 2 summers ago when I got the Ford Dana 60 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifand I'm not the most organized person around.

I'll probably start the work on the 205 this weekend. Getting it cleaned up and put the Chevy rear output on it.

I also would like to finish my floor pan and rocksliders before I start a new project. Of course it may be easier to do some of the work with part of the floor cut out. hmmm? I'll have to decide after I cut out the HUGE piece that needs to be replaced on the passenger side. Also I was thinking of cutting out the piece of the hump where everything is that I will need access to. Then cutting out a slightly larger piece from a junkyard truck to bolt over the hole for easy access in the future.

Now that I think about it, I will probably do all of the cutting, then put in the doubler, then fix the passenger floor. Yeah, that's the ticket.