Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally some most excellent progress

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty excited - got the sliding back window installed (AC baby) and the cab back on the frame!!

[​IMG]

2. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

Great progress pic, Yukon. Home stretch! The firewall looks like it turned out really nice also.

3. Yukon Jack

That's funny, until you said something about the firewall, I hadn't even paid attention to how well the engine covers those modified areas. I thought it would, but didn't think to really look at it that way at the body shop. Here's the best pic I took that kinda shows how those two areas are covered up, plus there will be the heater box and brake stuff so it really will be hidden pretty well.

There is enough clearance but the driver's side is tighter than I thought it would be.

[​IMG]

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    That's going to be a pretty sweet ride YJ. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Lookin' good! Thanks for keeping us updated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Yukon Jack

Glad to keep everyone updated. I took the morning off and went to the body shop and got the hydroboost brake cylinder mounted along with the pedal assembly. Also got the heater box (interior and exterior) mounted, got the powersteering and alternators + brackets mounted on the engine. Also wiped down the engine as it has gotten pretty dirty sitting at the body shop. Actually set back and did some looking at the firewall and took some pics of how it is. Not too bad of a hack job /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

looks awesome!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Were ya going for the "mid engine" thing? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    J/K /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Great job, looks right /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

That's going to be one sweet ride /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif