Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally the status of the BURB has changed !!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jul 20, 2002.

My God I think my wife finally realized the Burb was a toy and not a daily driver. Status of the Burb is no longer "Daily Driver" and has changed to "Harvey's TOY" so the named she(The Burb) has had for the past 4 to 5 years of "Just Playin'" will fit her more appropraiately now. I purchased me a new daily driver today for a whopping $1700. It isn't a Chevy, but sure the hell isn't a Ford. I bought a garage kept, 1989 Chrysler 5th Avenue with 24,000 original miles on it. The thing is immaculate inside and out. So what ideas you have for the Burb? Bryan(Laketex) let's chop the top off, get rid of those barn doors, do a full cage, and do all 4 doors into 1/2 doors. That should get things started for now.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Dang pat you one that back for both of those bits of good news. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

strech it and put in a 5th and 6th door and make the back removable like a k5 and put rear steer on it so you can manuver it in traffic like a sameri he he he!

3. I have seen them stretched, but if I get the cutting tools out it will be to shorten her up a bit and make her look like a 2 door Tahoe/Blazer when it's done with the barn doors in back and the top still on or a full convertible job on her.

4. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I have thought about bobbing the rear, and moving the gas tank. Cut the top off and make half doors or tube doors. If I can ever get the status of mine changed. In the mean time I will shorten up a crew cab. Next best thing. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif