Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally took some picts of the stereo!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by AntAZBlaz, Mar 31, 2002.

1. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I just finished editing the pictures of my stereo install, which is 70 complete. As soon as i can get my files transfered i'll post the picts on this thread. till then.

2. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

hopefully i'll have something for ya to look at tonight, i just wanted to mention that if there is any one in the phx area that needs some templates for the rear panels say something now before i throw them away.

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Re: Finally took some picts of the stereo! *DELETED*

Post deleted by AntAZBlaz

4. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

5. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

6. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

it's done for now. you guys are all caught up on my stereo project i wrote out the comments so you know what the pictures are now. let me know if any of you have any questions.

7. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Looks nice, what's the silver stuff on the ceiling?

8. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I haven’t gotten the whole web site put together yet but I will have more info on it soon to come. The idea behind it was to stay cool which is hard to do when you want an all black interior.
    I put up a layer of double-sided heat shield. The next step is to paint over them.
    The top is/used to be painted black but on 100+ degree-days it's not cool to have a black top so I layered it up. It has worked out great so far. I have noticed a big drop in temp.
    I looked around for a long time for a heat shield products and I almost bought a paint on heat shield but I found out that it would lock the heat in, not out, if I painted the inside.
    There is already a layer of heat shield above the headliner but it has already been redone in black. The only thing left to do are the seats right now but I’m sure you know how expensive that can get which is why I haven’t gotten to them yet. The truck was originally black exterior with blue/gray interior fabric and cream interior top.
    I have a lot of pictures of that but I need to put them all together. The whole interior was done over I yanked out everything and laid down Dynamat and heat shield all around. Pictures are soon to come.

9. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Hey
    I finally ran the power lines and now have 4 out of my 6 speakers up and running. Unfortunately I ran out of wire so I still have not hooked up the 1F capacitor or my frame ground. I still have to mount my 5 ¼ ‘s door speakers. I have a friend that says he might be able to get me a rubber conduit to go from the door to the body I’ll see if that works out.
    I put the hole in the firewall for the Hell Roaring switch wires to go through but I still have not decided on a place to mount the switch. In the end I was thinking about just making a big switch panel instead of having all of these miscellaneous wires running all over the place.
    By the way those MTX’s sound really nice in the small sealed enclosure the only rattles that I have are from the small flap windows, because the screws are rusted out to where you can no longer tighten or loosen them up, and the silver trim bar across the tailgate. I’ll be looking to seal those little problems up as I go. Oh and the 1/0 cables worked great even when the stereo is pounding away I do not have the fading head light problem. That is with just the stock alternator running everything.
    I’ll keep ya updated.
    Anthony

10. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Hey
    I have a small update, when I finished the system of course I had those few rattels that the dynamat could not get. There were three spots where I had a rattle on my sliding windows and the other problem area was the chrome nameplate on the tailgate. Well I had some spray on sound deadener “Quite Coat” so I took of the tailgate inside cover off and rolled out the window and sprayed some on the inside of the tailgate and on the cover. Unfortunately that did not get the chrome piece to quite down.
    As for the small windows they rattle up against the sliding windows because the screw that is supposed to hold it in place is rusted in and I can not tighten it. I took the small flap ones out and I’m still deciding if I should put them back on. I tinted my windows and it looks weird to me to have a piece of clear glass with tinted ones behind it.
    I used the spray on the doors, I took the inserts off and sprayed behind them I noticed that it was quieter but I think the actual mat material is much more effective.
    Well that’s all for now let me know if you have any questions.
    Anthony

11. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I have some pictures finally posted of the interior job that was done.
    http://www.public.asu.edu/~antyk/blazh.html
    The only thing that you can not see is the dynamat that went down before the carpet went done I also used a layer of heat shield in the front and a layer of cushion that allowed me to hide my wires. Take a look and let me know what you think.
    Anthony