Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally, Top Off

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 8, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Man, it looks different. Nice though. Its great. I love it i wish i could drive like this all the time. I let my frined drive and i stood up in the back. Fun... went trail riding and tomorrow heading out to the beach. 1 question when i was taking it off the seal ripped a lil off the truck. I used RTV silicon gasket maker cuz thats the only thing i have lol, should that hold it in pretty well or should i rip that out and use some sealant.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah thats what I used, it stays flexable and by the way JERK it's still about 40 degrees here thanks alot /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

nice pic fumes, what's COC?

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I sent ya a PM/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    and just so we don't hi-jack this post HAHA you can't take your top off at all...
    I dare ya...

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Haha , yeah but i think a front is coming in this weekend about 20 people told me that... i finally said next person that tells me im gunna hit em' my friend walks in the room, hey dude i think a cold fronts comin in *smack* lol

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah well what year ya got, if ya got one a' those whimpy half cabs then no biggy(especially in Texas) but I got a full top 74 that weighs about 300+, got a softtop but have to wait til it'll stay nice for five months.. LOL

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Its a 87 with the half cab... it's still cool though! I'll get some action pics up with my top off lol.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Now if we could just talk Muddysub into takin his top off, I know where we can get a sawzall... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

9. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

TX, are you going to Padre Island? I want to go all the way to the land cut when I get my blazer ready. I took my truck down about 23 miles one day, started getting pretty scared. We like to go to Port A and stay at the Pioneer RV place. We are going Easter weekend ,but I will not have the blazer ready.

10. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

The furthest we've gone that way is to the Fish PassJetties between Mustang Island and Access Road 2

We also chill at JP Luby Surf Park since that's were most of the fine honnies are =P

The "land cut" doesn't sound familiar, can you explain how ya get there and what not? Thanks.

11. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Corrosion of Conformity?/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, snowed here yesterday.... no top coming off for me!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

13. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

The Land Cut seperates Padre Island and South Padre Island. Whe nyour going South past Flour Bluff across that big bridge (JFK causeway???) instead of turning left to go to Port A you go straight .I think the road is Park Road 22. Take it as far as it goes and you will come to Padre Island State Park. You can drive down the beach about 55 to 60 miles. There is a sign about 8 miles down that says 4 wheel drive only and it warns you about debree and high tides ect.

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ohhh ok so its like going out to big shell... I've never been out there. But it sounds fun we might venture out there spring break. Which is the week before easter. Right now they are doing construction on JFK causeway cuttin it down to 1 lane. Its slow and grueling, its supposed to rain tomorrow and drizeled a bit today so we put the top back on. I have a feeling its coming off soon though

15. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

Yeah I guess I should have just said Big Shell. I can`t wait to get down to Port A again. Need to start working on the blazer a lot more.