Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekquistk5, Jan 28, 2007.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It's about time!!! Michigan finally got some freaking snow, and it looks like it should be staying for awhile. It it made me realize that about 90% of all people that have plow trucks in Kalamazoo do not have a clue how to plow. Most of em put the banks right on the edge of the parking lots. What happens when you get more snow or even worse when it warms up to 60 in a week or two then freezes again and we get more snow. The bank is going to be solid as a rock. When I was taught to plow, I was always told to plan for the worst push the bank as far as you can. These Aholes just put banks wherever they want it seems like. Ahh much better now.

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

winter sucks Jess!!!and yes most peeps can't plow.:haha: :haha:

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

correct!..

One of the first things I learned when I got my first plow truck was to push the snow FAR AWAY!..I didn't the first time we got a foot of snow--then it froze solid,and we got hammered with 3 Nor'easters in a row with 12+" each time..my driveway is 110' long,and is shaped like a "Y"...we had just enough room to get our vehicles in and out of the driveway,with about 2" to spare on each side,the snowbanks were taller than my truck,and I got hung up and high centered many times that winter..:doah: learned that lesson FAST!..

Now I push it WAY out in our backyard,as far as I can!..now we have a house and a neighbor next door where I once piled the snow,and my backyard is the only place I can pile it..used to push it into the woods across the street for years too,but the town got on my case and reamed me out ,so I cant put it there either!...

My neighbor asked me "why do you push the snow so far back"..I told him to ask me again next spring...we got 12 FEET of snow that year,and even though I plowed it 100' out into the backyard,it was right at the end of the driveway by the time March came!..he never asked why again...:rolleyes:

Also--why do people who plow insist on plowing at 30 mph,and then call the truck a POS when it breaks something,blows a tranny,etc,or the plow a POS when it blows a hose or a pin that holds it to the truck,etc???...morons!

I never use low range either...most of the guys here call me stupid for not using it,but I have no trouble pushing snow,in fact I feel low range makes the truck hard to control--it is TOO powerful,the wheels spin too easy,and the brakes wont stop them from turning..I have zero trouble plowing in high range,and it took me 15 years to kill the TH350 in my last plow truck,and reverse was the gear that went first!...:crazy:

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ditto on the high range gig, the only time I had to use low, is when the snow was heavy and wet, and I was trying to push uphill. Of course the engine had 168,000 and had a plow on it since new...some 20 years earlier.
    Man that was a tough truck.

5. boggerless

i see so many people try to push heavy snow straight on.:haha: angle the plow dumbass.make a few passes and then you have more traction.then i only use 3/4s of the plow.its easier on the truck and i have less overflow to clean up.one of our customers plowed our yard at work years ago.Tom and his brother George would get up at 1 am so they could buy beer.George showed up at our place around 8 am and was smashed.:haha: he was going so fast the back tires would come off the ground when he hit the end.when he left the grass was plowed and and 1/2 the parking lot.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: it was the funniest thing i ever saw.

6. 76zimmer

now if the snowmobile punks would stay outta the road. Had one fly accross the intersection in front of me yesterday.

7. jekquistk5

Its supposed to keep comming for 8 plus days!!! So expect more dumbasses not knowing how to plow, and idiots on sleds!!

8. 76zimmer

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hey Daryl, you get any snow over there?

9. jekquistk5

I think they did, but they are missing all the lake effect we keep getting

10. boggerless

we got nothing Jess.they said 1 to 2 inches.psst we have a dusting.it's supoosed to be 17 degrees when we all get together next sat.:eek1:

11. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

we've had snow for a few weeks, have about 6-7" on the ground as of daylight, not suppost to get much more up here.

i remember when beater bought my 79 shortbed, we got about 12-14" of wet snow. the truck was out to my grandparents that have about a 1/4 mile long driveway. i pulled in dropped the plow and it stopped me. i angled it all the way to one side and it was actually puching my truck sideways, i had to straighten it out somewhat to get my truck to move in a forward direction. i was slipping and sliding not moving very fast but i did get the the house. all i had to do is plow it wide enough and then down to where the truck was, which just happened to be deeper yet. it only took my about 2 hours to do it all at the loving rate of free so my grandpa didn't have to do it on the tractor.

12. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

OOOOOOooooo a warm up, can i bring my shorts???

13. boggerless

nothing Dave.and i'm happy about it.:woot: just this little bit.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  14. boggerless

a little GTD!!!

15. boggerless

sure TJ.:haha: :haha: look at my grill cover. it didn't work.:doah: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

16. boggerless

you are a good man TJ!!!!!!:bow:

17. jekquistk5

Were sitting at almost a foot out here, with about 1/4 inch ever hour or two. It goes in spurts. We got a good 2-3 inches durring the day. The roads are pretty shatty besides the freeway