Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finally!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm24m, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Well, after almost 9 months of searching, I finally found a 1st gen Blazer. I'm paying $4000 for it, plus about $700 shipping. It is an Arizona truck. I'm just waiting on the shipping now. Check it out and tell me what you think. Here's the link.

http://community.webshots.com/album/36559866pNBDoL

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very sweet blazer /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

That is a nice looking Blazer...and being from AZ I bet it has very little rust!

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man they got that blazer in Lock Down!! Nice blazer! I wished mine looked that good.

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Very cool. I love the yellow firewall. Mine has one too in the 'baby-poop' yellow shade.

6. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

They must have a serious theft problem out there. Mr. T's chains werent even that big! Sweet Truck.

Evan

7. cleszkie

cleszkie 1/2 ton status

What engine is the K5 running? Looks like your alternator is on the opposite side of a stock 350 (it looks like an aftermarket bracket). It is probably my imagination, but it also appears that the engine is sitting a bit farther back in the bay than a stock 350 (maybe a shorter block). Anyways, just curious.

8. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Nice looking Blazer. I bet ya can't wait to get it home.

That isn't the stock alternator but I think the engine is in the same position as mine. I think it is the aircleaner that is throwing it off.

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

My '70 K5 has that same mount. Don't know if it was stock but was setup that way when I bought the truck.

10. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

The truck is still in transit, so I havn't really seen it yet. And yes, I can't wait for it to get here. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought there was something odd about the engine. I had to call the guy back to double check with him.

11. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

maybe that altenator bracket is there because it's a A/C engine? mine came with A/C and the pump was on the drivers side.

12. frito

frito Registered Member

its prolly a later year motor .. my 71 has an early 80's 350 in it and i have the newer style long water pump and alternator on the pass. side.. also my motor sits back about that far in my engine bay ... (so damn far that the HEI barely fits) i know its not the mounting on the block it has to be the motor mounts or the cross member ..

13. MuddyMudSkipper

MuddyMudSkipper Registered Member

I got my alt bracket out of a mid 80's camaro and it looks the same as yours. My motor sits back about that far too. I had to bash the firewall in a little to get the HEI to fit right.
    Jeff

14. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Nice!
    If you don't mind I would like to point out a few things I saw.
    The front spring packs are sitting on some kind of 1" looking block. I would get thoes out ASAP.The heater hoses are not hooked up so you may have some heater issues. It looks like an aftermarket gas tank too or that is a skid and the pic is just messin with my eyes. Looks like an awsome project!!
    Congrats!

15. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

The owner did tell me about the heater. He said the core was bad. I did notice it was disconnected, and I don't know why it would be unless it was leaking. Gotta get that fixed. It gets cold here in Missouri. I also noticed the blocks. I'll have to address that when it gets here also. I don't know it was just some dumb@%s that put them there or if they are something similar to ORD zero rates. I also think it has an aftermarket gas tank. Anyone recognize it? Does anyone recognize the blocks or have other ideas as to why the heater core would be disconnected? Keep the comments coming. Maybe you noticed something I didn't.

16. stylin6

stylin6 Registered Member

Nice Blazer- had one that looked just like it in Colorado! Wasn't that nice though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

If the heater core was bad and he disconnected the hoses, I'd bet it was leaking. They are fairly easy to get to in these trucks so it's not a huge deal.

18. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Just a pita to change cause you got to pull the inner fender well to get to it.