Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Finaly divorced (rant about ex w)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dleroy43, Jul 12, 2005.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I got back from court and so now I am legaly divorced :woot: :saweet: . Dont get me wrong I would have done anything nessary to work it out but SHES STUPID :screwy: !! She didnt really talk to me the few months before going to Iraq, and after only 5 emails in a year I still would have tried to work it out. Coming back for Rand R after being gone for 8 months, she says she dont want to try and doesent want to be with me anymore and wants a divorce. Nice R and R huh. I fanaly get back still no change in her opinion so I move out. The only time she would call is to get some money (she lost her job but was tring to find anotherone :rolleyes: ) I find out she got pregnet from a one nite stand :screwy: So we have been seperated over a year and half since I have been back so I agree to a divorce so I can go back to Cali a free man. After court today she asks if I want to go have a coffee with her :yikes: :haha: after herting me more than I thought possible, she wants to have coffee :screwy:. So I go to unlock my bike to ride home (my truck is in cali) I notice she is crying on her moms shoulder. I will never understand the female mind nor do I ever want to. But Iam free now :D

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear about your divorce, but it is better than being miserable.

Probably a stupid question (and a little off topic), but is she German? Were you married or divorced in Germany? I always wondered how that worked with American weddings and divorces and members of the military. Normally divorce is a state controlled function.

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

RUN....
    enjoy your life...
    heal...

thanks for your service

cam

4. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ya shes German. We got married in denmark ( the vegas of europe) and registered it in Germany so they had juristiction over it.

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I wish I could go back and un-do my divorce. She is in love with someone else now, and that makes my heart ache, everyday. :( :( :( :( :( :(

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

My D-I-V-O-R-C-E was final 31 May 05. Thankfully, my ex & I weer able to keep everything civil with no attorneys. It took alot of effort on both of our parts to do that.

Anyway, we have still managed to be friends. Not sure how long that will last, but only time will tell. I enjoy being single once again. It's nice to not be responsible for anyone except myself. Able to spend $$ on whatever I want. Kinda nice.

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

congrats! you will be better off and find your true love. enjoy being single while it is there so you may apreciate your love of the future :D it just happens as it is meant to be. I will be officially divorced 24th of aug. thats my court date. and I am sure i will post all about the relief when that date comes ;)

8. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i am waiting for my divorce to go through as we speak. only stupid thing i did
    was wait 4 years to do it after we seperated. i was trying to get her to file the divorce papers and pay for it. what a big mistake , becouse now it is effecting
    me being able to remarry. it was suppose to be done by now , but my ex was dragging azz and my bargain basement lawyer was letting her. so i got a new lawyer and he is trying to expidite it, and we are really on edge to have it done by the end of this month. this is becouse it was supposed to be finish by april and my future bride to be and i set a wedding date of august 27th and everything is reserved. :eek1: . she and i are soo on edge right now its crazy.
    its going to suck if we have change to the date. :(

hey , any lawyers out there ?
    question : if i call you three times in a week and leave messages becouse your not there , asking you to call me with updates. do you call me back even if you have no updates ?
    i have called my lawyer three times in the last week asking him to call me
    on his voice maill, looking for updates and he hasnt called me back.
    some people have told me that he wont call back unless he has updates
    i think thats rude :mad:

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Rude or not rude, I won't make that call. Some attorneys, espicially good ones in priviate practice, are very busy and have to prioritize their time. That is why some won't call back unles there is (or should be) a change. It is against the ethical rules in every Bar in the US that I'm aware of to fail to keep your client well informed. Talking to them frequently is not required.

If you are calling him for some comfort, or just to "check in" when there should really be no progress, don't be at all surprised when those calls show up on the hourly bill. If you are paying a flat fee, expect minimal time wasted by the attorney.

If nothing is hapening because you are waiting for the judge to sign something, your ex to do something, a pending court date, etc., there is really nthing your attorney can do and calling several times frustrates you both.

10. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

your right in alot of ways .
    if he has nothing to report, why call me back.
    maybe i am getting too impatient.
    plus he is charging one flat cost for this so i am sure he will watch his time
    so he can make money off my case.
    it just sucks going on two weeks and not have heard a peep. :(