Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finaly found my towing pics

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by big83chevy4x4, Feb 5, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i bought this truck in florida 2 years ago and just found them today on the comp. it was a fun trip /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    You use a van like I do...........to haul, we went down to Jacksonville (NC) and towed a full size k-5 home, then went back about 3 months ago to Spring lake and got another one......but this k-5 broke my trailer! heavy son-of-a-gun. But the swb g-20 hi-top pulled her heart out 2 times, we decieded we needed a tow rig so I got hold of a R-30 crew cab. Can't wait to haul with it to see how she does.....

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    You use a van like I do...........to haul, we went down to Jacksonville (NC) and towed a full size k-5 home, then went back about 3 months ago to Spring lake and got another one......but this k-5 broke my trailer! heavy son-of-a-gun. But the swb g-20 hi-top pulled her heart out 2 times, we decieded we needed a tow rig so I got hold of a R-30 crew cab. Can't wait to haul with it to see how she does.....

[/ QUOTE ]

You will see a makor difference.
    The crew cab with a 168" wheel base tows like a dream, just make sure you have a nice healthy engine.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I towed with a blazer, then a long bed, then a Van and now with the crewcab, I also have a 3/4ton Sub.
    I think I will stick with the crewcab for towing.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

MAN that's scary seeing that much weight hooked to one of those Unibody vans. I thought the tow rating was like 4k. If that SB has a motor I'm guessing thats 6500lb or better behind it.

Even with the WD set looks like you couldn't get the van to level....scary!

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's the mighty vangina. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the truck has no motor, but actually that set up worked really well. we had it level when we started out and it picked up on the back tires to much and almost lost it /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif, we stoped reajusted it and it was fine. it was the most reliable vechicle that we had at 270,000 miles /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

yea this van is amazing, when we went down there it had 270,000 miles on the original motor, trans, rear end. we were more afraid that the tranny would give out on us before we got back than any thing else.