Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FINALY! networking is almost done.... ( cleanup time)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, May 21, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

well, after almost 2 months, and being pulled onto several side projects, I;m nearly done with this damn project. anyone who's interested, here's what the pannels look like...
    <a target="_blank" href=http://members.aol.com/rich77suburbanaz/netwark.html>The Panels</a>

sorry, my camera is crappy, so these pictures are really crappy...

-Rich

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Looks good. I take it you don't have very many PC's there.

3. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Purty slick lookin'..I go into some Telecommunication rooms here at the University and see a Bazillion wires tied together and just wonder how the guys do it.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

well, it starts out small and neat looking like mine there, then you need to expand, so you start dumping more lines in until there's a bazillion wires going everywhich way.... this is of course before the hubs/switches/routers have been added, so its clean looking still. each one of those ports will be connected to a port on a hub/switchto get everything interconnected properly.

as for few PC's, we've got about 70 PC's, 9 network pritners, and 6 servers. we're not a huge company yet, but I've got expansion built in already... the rack pictured is 1 of 3 racks in the building, with the other 2 being smaller boxes hanging from a cieling in the engineering wing, and one hanging on a pole out in the machine shop... total, I've got 170 ports punched down right now, and with exception of everyone moving in and tehn trying to tell me they `want the port on the other side of the room' or `can you run 3 more so I can run my laptops, and this and that too?' I think I have it pretty much outfitted for the next 2 years or so. by then, no one will be using cat5e, and it'll have to all come out anyway....

oh well,
    -Rich