Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

finaly PICs of my 102"ss mount

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by darkshadow, Dec 29, 2005.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

finaly got a card reader to replace my fubared usb port on my cam.

so here is my fold back mount i made on my front bumper.

[​IMG]

mild hit it will stay in place, but any more and it will flod back and rest on my pass mirror.

[​IMG]

oh and yeah my grond is in the wrong spot i realized that shortly aftarwards:doah::doah:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Nice , I like it . I would of tore it off wheeling Monday , but I like it :D

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

If the red arrow is a ground wire, it's in the wrong place. It is a direct short to your radio in that spot. The best thing to do is make sure there is no paint between the top of the stud and the bottom of the bracket (blue arrow), this connection needs to be metal-to-metal. Then, grind the paint from the side of the bracket (yellow arrow), and drill a hole there attach the ground wire. If that's not a ground wire, then nevermind... carry on...:D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

no it is a grond, at the bottom of my post i said i know it is in the wrong spot i realized it just after i too the pic.

i used it insead of grounding though the mount because 1) the mound swivels and i dont want intermetant ground.

and 2) if i remove all paint and do get good ground though it the rust would quickly be in there and kill my ground.

oh and i donot think it will rip off it is 14"x1 1/4" plate welded to my 3/16th wall bumper with 7018;s ant going no ware, then again i dont do rock so i dont have to worry much about that.

might move to my rear once i build that bumper

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Ah, now I see it at the bottom, I didn't see the line under the pics....:doah: :doah: :doah:

6. carol ladue

carol ladue Registered Member

this was how my dad ,noel la due ,mounted a 10 ft long antennea. it , the antennea , has a spring on the end and makes alot of racket , so i tooks it off when i took the lid off too. my dad would NEVER let us take that top off.....he passed in his sleep last year..so OFF WITH THE LID....as a matter of fact ,EVERYTHING makes racket in my blazer but it drives like it did when i learned to drive is this blazer. oh my its a bit hard to see that antenna...yikes

IM000660.JPG

IM000692.JPG